Hello supporters of the beautiful Mary River wherever you are........
THE NEXT MONTH OR SO IS CRITICAL FOR THE CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE PROPOSED TC DAM.
Attached is the first piece of information regarding a rally at the State Labor Conference on June 21. Your contribution at this time is crucial, because the Federal Government is about to assess the Qld Govt Environmental Impact Statement EIS.
WE NEED EVERYONE TO HELP IN SOME WAY - HOWEVER SMALL - HERE'S SOME IDEAS. (Contact numbers on the attached flyer).
• Best of all attend our rally - by our bus or car pool with friends
• Spread the word about the rally - by email, phone, post, get some flyers from us and letterbox 50 houses in your area. Get others to use the pyramid selling technique to help the campaign expand.
• Write letters to newspapers and politicians - more details coming on this one.
• Hand your copy of the newsletter around (out soon).
• Send our postcards to your friends - let us know if you need them.
• Man our stall for an hour or two (we will set it up and train you - it's easy!)
• Ring talkback radio wih our message (see flyer) - more help coming on the basic points we need to get across.
• Send us your slogans for the rally.
A BRIEF EMAIL TO LET US KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WOULD BE GREAT - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
John Porter, Lyndall Ensbey, Leanne Tompkins, Kent Hutton
Rally Organising Committee
Save the Mary River Co-ordinating Group
ITS TIME TO RALLY!!
Why is a Protest Rally against the proposed Traveston Dam desperately important RIGHT NOW?
• The Federal Govt is about to receive the Qld Govt's Environmental Impact Statement for its review under the EPBC Act.
• The Qld Labor Party is holding its State Convention at the Gold Coast Convention Centre on June 21,22. Kevin "I'm here to help" Rudd will be there.
We will assemble at Cascade Gardens Broadbeach to march at 11.00am
Don't Murray the Mary!!
Have picnic in the park, or hit Jupiters afterwards!!!
Make it a day out with friends - our bus or your own carload!!
Further details ring Rally Organisers John Porter ... 54855255, 0427476488, Lyndall Ensbey 54843697, 0427167329, Kent Hutton 54828830, 0409064885, or Kandanga Info Centre 54884800.
1. Brisbane and SEQ want (and are entitled to) the cheapest source of 100% reliable water.
2. The politicians must provide it in a way that is environmentally and economically responsible.
3. There is an overwhelming body of evidence that, along with present storages, the demand for water can be met from non-rainfall dependent methods such as desalination using renewable energy sources, combined with water saving methods such as storm water harvesting, recycling of waste water, responsible water usage from household and industry, and installation of water saving devices.
A dam approved at Traveston Crossing, even with conditions, however strictly phrased or enforced, fails these requirements. It destroys productive farmland, unique animal species, fisheries, AND COSTS MORE!
Just one desalination plant can provide the water that the Qld Govt say they will take from the Mary. It will cost less, it will be 100% reliable, and it will pose no threat to the Lungfish, Mary River Turtle, or to the rare and endangered species of the Great Sandy Straits.
This plant can be powered from renewable energy sources. WA currently has a desal plant powered by a wind farm.
Otherwise Qld converts this beautiful productive working river into the mess that is the Murray.
This alternative is unthinkable. Why would you do it when it is not even necessary?
If a forward thinking Govt, Federal or State, reviews Peter Beattie's hasty decision they will reverse it!
Don't Murray the Mary!
Prime Minister Rudd must help Qld out here. Let's tell him at the Labor Convention.
Stand with the Save the Mary River Coordinating Group on June 21. …
Cascade Gardens, Broadbeach, Not Assigned
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.