The Kids For Kids Concert is on at The Shed on Saturday 10 September.
It will start at 5.30pm with exclusive use of Aussie World until 7pm, whilst also enjoying live music from Trey Cooper and Bella & Amy, and other roaming acts.
The Concert in The Shed will start at 7pm where you’ll enjoy the music of three amazing local teenage bands - FLOOKE, DOOLIE and HOO8HOO.
The concert will be to support two amazing Sunny Coast teenagers, Bella Harry and Declan Walker. Both Bella and Declan are undergoing treatment for cancer and are incredibly strong courageous kids who deserve a massive party like this to be thrown for them! So make sure you come along and give them your support.
To find out more visit www.facebook.com/KidsforKidsConcert.
Kids For Kids Concert
5:30pm - 11pm
Saturday 10th September
The Shed at Aussie World
From $25 (for group bookings of 10)
Please see full profile on both of the kids on the About section of the Kids FOR Kids Facebook page (long description).
About Bella Harry:
· If you go to Benefit4Bella on Facebook there are also regular updates - https://www.facebook.com/Benefit4Bella-942407945769978/. Recently Bella had her shoulder replaced with a titanium shoulder to remove another tumour. She still has a tumour in her hip/upper left femur and she will get this all removed and replaced next month.
· Her school is St Johns College, Nambour – she has not been able to attend school for the last two years though.
· She was a great surf lifesaver and a rep netballer. Surf Lifesaving is supporting the event by spreading the word.
· Bella recently met Taylor Swift when she visited her at Lady Cilento and was got to be part of Juiced TV and on the Red Carpet at the Logies where she interviewed Delta Goodrem and other (all on her Facebook page)
· Mum – Emma – had to give up work to care for Bella and be with her in Brisbane for treatment.
About Declan Walker:
· His Facebook page is a closed group.
· He is known for his beanie collection!
· Declan is doing well at the moment. He has just finished a massive dose of chemotherapy and is still undergoing radiation.
· His school is Pacific Lutheran College (same school that Sam Aitken from Hoo8Hoo goes to) – he’s a year 10 student but has missed most of this year.
· He turned 15 on 7 August.
· He’s a made gamer and a bit of a ‘nerd’ his Mum says. Also loves movies and she says he should be a movie critic.
· Mum – Michelle – had to give up work to care for Declan and be with him in Brisbane for treatment.
Performers at The Shed:
Comprising two talented brothers with a maturity and passion in their music, Hoo8Hoo perform easy listening music which is acoustic pop/folk.
Tim started playing the guitar when he was 7. He has since developed into a talented guitarist with great natural vocals. Sam started playing the drums and percussion when he was 5 and together they make amazing harmonies. Tim has written a number of original songs, including ‘Where Am I’, ‘Start Again, 'Young Love' and 'Waiting' and continues to add to his collection of originals.
Hoo8Hoo have won numerous busking competitions including Bulcock Busking Festival as part of the Caloundra Music Festival, Get Noticed Talent Search at the Noosa Jazz Festival, Valentine’s Busk, South Bank and the Byron Bay Bluesfest Busking Competition.
The artistic team released their first album in December 2014 and perform regularly at Charity events on the Sunshine Coast.
Tim Aitken is a 17-year-old Year 12 at Caloundra City Private School and his brother Sam is 14 years old and in Year 9 at Pacific Lutheran College.
Having been voted voted Queensland’s most talented new songwriting ‘schoolie' in the QLD Music Awards, winning ‘Best Song’ for her original song ‘PRISTINE’, high school songstress DOOLIE is well known on the Sunshine Coast.
Her alternative pop voice recently saw a well-deserved win at the 2016 Queensland Music Awards. With the combination of DOOLIE's power vocals, creative lyrics and big pop hooks, backed by a small band with massive sound and thumping baseline, their performance at the KidsFORKids concert is sure to get The Shed pumping.
Doolie is a Year 12 student at Sunshine Coast Grammar School.
FLOOKE are a trio based on the Sunshine Coast, consisting of Kayla 17 on guitar and vocals, Abby 15 on lead vocals and Ryan 14 on the Cajon and percussion. They have been playing together for almost 2 years, starting out by busking and playing at open mic nights and now gigging every weekend all over the Coast! FLOOKE are building on their original songs and love putting their own spin on their favourite songs from past and present.
Having FLOOKE perform at the KidsFORKids concert adds a real special touch as Ryan is a good mate of Declan Walker’s and wouldn’t be anywhere else on 10 September other than showing his support for his friend through their music.
31 Aug 2016 | Local talent supports sick local kids
Aussie World, Palmview
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.