Libraries shine their light all this week
Whether it's the chance to meet a guest author, learn Twitter or Facebook, view historical documents or borrow the latest bestseller as soon as it's released -- libraries provide a unique service in the region.
And this week, Sunshine Coast Libraries will blow their own trumpet a little louder than usual.
From 25-31 May, Library and Information Week is a time to showcase everything libraries have to offer the public.
This year's Library and Information Week special events on the Sunshine Coast include:
* An Evening with Frances Whiting, much loved columnist for the Sunday Mail and one of Australia's best known and most popular writers.
* National Simultaneous Story Time, where libraries throughout Australia will simultaneously read Pete the Sheep by Jackie French.
* Top150 Documenting Queensland exhibition. Includes Breaker Morant's charge sheet, Dame Nellie Melba's marriage certificate and other significant historical documents. At the Maroochydore Library, Cotton Tree, until 30 May.
Other regular library services include:
* Get Connected sessions to learn about the internet and new technologies
* Red Hot Reads where you can borrow the latest bestsellers as soon as they are released and without a reservation, for $4 for ten days
* Free wireless access at Noosa and Maroochydore Libraries with Caloundra soon to follow
* An extensive collection of CDs, DVDs and audio books
* Any book in any library can be sent to your closest branch for collection
* A special children's only library card illustrated by famous Australian author and illustrator, Terry Denton
Residents are invited to rediscover their local libraries this week and see exactly what they have to offer.
The Sunshine Coast Regional Council runs nine libraries and three mobile services:
Beerwah Library -- Peachester Road, Beerwah
Caloundra Library -- Omrah Avenue, Caloundra
Coolum Library -- Park Street, Coolum Beach
Kawana Library -- Nanyima Street, Kawana
Kenilworth Library -- Elizabeth Street, Kenilworth
Maleny Library -- Coral Street, Maleny
Maroochydore Library -- 44 Sixth Avenue, Cotton Tree
Nambour Library -- Cnr Bury and Currie Streets, Nambour
Noosa Library -- Wallace Drive, Noosaville
Libraries website: www.library.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au
Information about national LIW is available at www.alia.org.au/advocacy/liw
Sunshine Coast Libraries, Sunshine Coast Wide
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.