Acclaimed award-winning author and blogger Charlotte Wood joins us for the first time at the Noosa Longweekend. She speaks with Jennifer Byrne.
Charlotte isn’t just a great fiction writer (her books have been short-listed for the Miles Franklin, the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize and the Australian Book Industry Awards, among others), she’s also a dedicated and prolific writer on food, through her blog, howtoshuckanoyster.com
In her new book, Love & Hunger, Charlotte explores the solitary and shared pleasures of cooking and eating, in an ode to good food, prepared and presented with minimum fuss and maximum love. In this age of gastro-porn and the fetishisation of food, the pressure to be as expert as the chefs we’ve turned into celebrities can feel overwhelming.
To quote Maggie Beer: “A love of food oozes from Charlotte’s every pore in this wonderful book… So many tidbits shared, so many ‘aha’ moments and things I needed to know!”
Jennifer Byrne, host of ABC’s First Tuesday Book Club, has kindly agreed to join Charlotte on stage, to discuss not just her love of food, but also of writing, in all its forms.
Love and Hunger… Thoughts on the Gift of Food
Date: Sunday 24 June
Venue: The J Theatre
Duration: 60 minutes
Associated Events: First Noosa Book Club, Saturday 23 June, 10.00am The J Theatre.
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
The J Theatre, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.