PAULINE CHAKMAKJIAN (UK Lecturer)
An example of a traditional form of Japanese architecture, Machiya were, and sometimes still are, a combination of residence and business spaces for the merchants of Kyoto. These buildings have certain charming characteristics and features.
Pauline enjoys giving lectures on quirky, unusual and esoteric subjects related to art and culture and volunteers for The Japan Society of the UK.
Pauline holds a BA in English Language and Literature (Whittier), a Diploma in Law (London) and an MA in Modern French Studies (London). She lectures on a wide variety of subjects. She enjoys giving lectures quirky, unusual and esoteric subjects related to art and culture. She has given lectures since 2004, and volunteers for The Japan Society of the UK.
ADFAS Members enjoy evenings with…
· First Class lectures on a fascinating range of subjects, with a unique opportunity to meet and chat with the Lecturer
· Camaraderie with other Fine Arts lovers, over supper with a glass of wine
· A Free Library covering both the lecture programme topics and the Decorative and Fine Arts
· Day Tours to places of artistic or architectural interest
· Guided Overseas travel opportunities with ADFAS lecturers and other members
· Sponsorship of Young Arts through the ADFAS Scholarship at the University of the Sunshine Coast and the University Art Gallery
· An opportunity to be a part of recording the National Heritage
‘Machiya: The Delicate Townhouses of Kyoto’
St Marks Anglican Church, Main Street, Buderim
Monday 11th of March
Guests ($20) are welcome
Please phone or email for a booking or enquiry. 07 5453 4793
05 Mar 2013 - Kyoto.pdf
St Marks Anglican Church, Buderim
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.