Tracey Wickham swam first lap of pool in 1983, she will be on hand to receive a cheque for her late daughter's charity - Hannah's Chance Foundation. Emily Seebohm, 15 year old rising Qld swimmer will be on hand to talk with local swimmers.
12pm BBQ and Fun in the Pool 2pm Mercantile Relay 5pm Pizza Party and Dive In Movie - 'Zoom'
Please join our Community Celebrations...
Saturday, 26th January 2008
Maleny Centenary Pool
8am Apex BBQ in Tesch Park
10am Swim Clinic for our club swimmers conducted by past Maleny Coach and Head Coach of Moreton Bay College and Acacia Bayside Swimming Club, Sean Crow.
12noon Reunion BBQ, memorabilia, fashion parade of past club shirts and togs, unveiling of new honour boards, recognition of past swimmers, past club members, and coaches. Fun and games in the pool.
2pm Mercantile Relay. All local businesses, organizations, and community members will be invited to nominate a team. The aim is to see which team can come closest to their nominated time. ..heats, finals, glory!
6pm Pizza Party
7pm Dive-in-Movie "Zoom" - Sponsored by Hinterland Youthlinx
Please tell your swim buddies to bring along any memorabilia to share - pictures, shirts, trophies, etc.
Sponsored by: Caloundra City Council
Maleny Supa IGA
David Bromet & Associates
Maleny Swimming Club
We invite your organization/club/individuals to submit a team to compete in the Club's Mercantile Relay to be held at the pool on Australia Day Saturday 26 th January 2008. This will be a fun event and not highly competitive - you certainly don't have to be a good swimmer to be part of a team.
We envisage that the relay will commence at 2: 00 pm, and run in conjunction with many other events during our 25 Year Pool Celebrations on the day.
Rules for the mercantile relay are as follows:-
1. There will be 4 members to each team.
2. Each member of the team will swim/dog paddle/float/use an inflatable raft/boogie board or by whatever means they wish get from one end of the pool to the other completing 2 laps of the pool as long as they remain in the pool for those 2 laps.
3. Each team must submit their estimated time (for their 8 laps) to the Maleny Swimming Club by Friday, 18 January so that the handicaps can be estimated. Teams are encouraged to visit the pool to do test times for submission. Handicaps will be posted.
4. Teams are also encouraged to be in fancy dress costumes, as there will be prizes for the winning team as well as the best dressed team. The winning team's names will be added to the Club's Perpetual Trophy.
5. Teams will be handicapped according to their times. If a team beats their nominated time in their heat they will not qualify for the finals.
6. Six teams to qualify for the final.
7. An entry fee of $20.00 or $5 per team member applies for each team (with a student discount of 50% per student) and must be paid along with their entry form with names of team members, phone contact, and estimated times for their 8 laps.
If you have any queries please do no hesitate in contacting either Vicki Heading on 54942319 AH or Joyce Newton on 54944448
Maleny Centenary 25th Pool Celebrations, Saturday, 26 January, 2008 10am - 9pm.
For further information please contact:
Maleny Swimming Club Inc
Phone: 5494 4448