Diversicare Sunshine Coast cordially invites you to our Multicultural Aged Care Expo and Celebration of Healthy Ageing.
The Expo will be held from 9.30 am to 2pm on Friday 26th August during Seniors Week 2005, at Maroochy Committee on the Ageing (COTA) hall George Street, Maroochydore.
The Expo is being organized by Diversicare Sunshine Coast in partnership with Nambour Community Centre and a number of community organizations in the Sunshine Coast Region.
The purpose of the Expo is:
• To raise community awareness about the range of services available to older people living in the Sunshine Coast Region.
• To provide an opportunity for aged care and other related services to promote what they are doing and to meet with one another.
• To invite the participation of culturally diverse community groups in advocating for the needs of their older members.
• To reflect the spirit of Seniors Week by providing an opportunity for culturally diverse seniors and others to celebrate healthy ageing.
The Expo will include information stalls, food stalls with delicacies from various countries and an entertainment program that will include older people as performers and entertainers.
The anticipated outcomes of the Expo will include:
• Sunshine Coast aged care service providers will have an opportunity to promote their services and to gain more information about the needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse aged population in the Region.
• Development of pathways for collaborative working arrangements. between aged care service providers in the Sunshine Coast Region.
• Increasing community awareness about the contribution culturally and linguistically diverse older people make to their communities.
• Providing an opportunity to make the Expo an ongoing community event.
The Expo will be aimed at the whole of the Sunshine Coast community and will be promoted as a community event to advocate for the development and delivery of services which meet the needs of our culturally diverse age population.
Diversicare Sunshine Coast is a newly established aged care service provider covering the whole of the Sunshine Coast Region.
Diversicare's aims are to provide a range of aged care services including Community Care Packages to culturally diverse frail aged persons who find it difficult to access and utilize generalist services.
We would be delighted if you accepted this invitation to our Multicultural Aged Care Expo and Celebration of Healthy Ageing which will provide a wonderful opportunity for us to meet you, and for you to meet many of the culturally diverse visitors to the Expo.
If you would like more information about the Expo please feel free to contact me on 54762988 or mobile 0438 762988.
With kind regards,
Manager Diversicare Sunshine Coast
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.