This is the second Nambour Moonlight Market - watch out for info on future markets in 2009.
Nambour's second Moonlight Market will be held in Centenary Square (off Currie Street) in Nambour, from 5pm-9pm on Friday 12 December. Following the success of the first Moonlight Market in late October, the market will again provide loads of fun for families.
Admission, entertainment, entry into the costume competition and some children's activities are all free.
The market will feature:
* A children's Christmas costume parade and competition
* Miss Donna the Clown
* Live entertainment - including Afro-Latin musicians Canta la Tumba' Big Band and Christmas carols
* Visit from Santa (with his sack of presents)
* Local emerging artists
* Gourmet foods and wine
* Quality art, crafts and merchandise
Stallholders will be selling clothing, food and confectionary, lampshades, shoes, arts and crafts, skin care products and great Christmas present ideas.
Free entertainment will include Cuban-style quartet ''Canta La Tumba''; Allstars Big Band; Allstars choir (featuring emerging artists from ''Shake It Up Music'' in Nambour); and other live performances.
Food stalls will have an international flavour, and will be serving Mexican, woodfired Pizza, German sausages, Indonesian kebabs and Japanese pancakes. For more traditional snacks and meals, a number of Currie Street Caf's will be open for an extended trading period: Hinterland Heart; Nambour Kebabs; Cafe De Lamauta, and Bite Cafe; as well as the local restaurants, pubs and the Nambour RSL.
A number of businesses will open their doors for an extended shopping period including: Centenary Square Hair and Beauty Salon; Hervey World Travel; Spellmaker's Beads & Crystals; and Zahli Clothing & Homewares.
For the children:
* Santa will visit (with his sack of presents) - kindly sponsored by Shrapnel, Downing and Elks Accountants, Butler McDermott Lawyers and the Nambour RSL.
* There's a costume competition with prizes for: Best Santa, Best Elf, Best Santa''s Helper, Best Reindeer, Best Christmas Tree, and Best Christmas Decoration.
* Miss Donna the Clown will entertain by creating beautiful balloon creatures.
To top it all off, there''ll be a photographic display by Nambour TAFE students, and an open art gallery (with art supplied by Art Gallery Sunshine Coast), at the market in Centenary Square.
For more information, or to enter your child in the costume competition, contact Helen Langlois on 0416 217 093 or email email@example.com.
Proudly presented by Nambour Futures Inc.
Downloadable: "Nambour's Christmas Moonlight Market" Flyer
Centenary Square Courtyard (off Currie Street), Nambour
Centenary Square, Nambour
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.