The NeoGeoGraphy Showcase is here
What: The NeoGeoGraphy Showcase
When: Thursday 4 November from 6pm to 8.45pm
Where: Cooroy Mill Place precinct
The Cooroy Mill Place precinct will come alive with the NeoGeoGraphy Showcase on Thursday 4 November when five local artists share their learning about what makes the Sunshine Coast "home".
The NeoGeoGraphy is a Sunshine Coast Council and Queensland Writers Centre project which brings together creative practice and new technologies to capture the community's connection with where they live.
With funding from Arts Queensland and the Australia Council to support the project, the five artists spent six months using a variety of methods to find out what different parts of the community think of their Sunshine Coast
* Judy Barrass who sent blank postcards out into the community, many returning with beautiful artistry and great insights into what both locals and tourists think of the place they call home.
* Leah Barclay who experimented with local sounds and Indigenous stories to create a soundscape that will be played live around the precinct at the showcase
* Sue Davis who held workshops showing budding storytellers of all ages how to create their own digital PlaceStories -- computer stories linked to locations on Googlemaps
* Lyndon Davis who worked with local Indigenous children to bring alive the stories of the region, which will be shown and performed at the showcase
* Steven Lang who spoke to community members to hear their views about the future of the Sunshine Coast.
The showcase promises projections, performances, soundgardens, talks, digital stories, and postcards that show what the artists found from their adventures.
The night will end on performances of the Eliza Fraser story, a live digital orchestra linkup with Hong Kong and an Indigenous performance.
So come along to the showcase, bring a picnic blanket and watch Sunshine Coast performances against the backdrop of the Cooroy night sky from 6pm to 8.45pm on Thursday 4 November.
For more information email Megan Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunshine Coast Regional Council
21 October 2010
Mill Place, Cooroy
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.