You're in for a big weekend at the Queensland Air Museum.
Get a close up look as the aircraft cockpits are opened up. Knowledgable volunteers will be on hand to tell the tales of service and stardom of the military flying machines and the civilian passenger aircraft. The collection includes over 50 aircraft both complete and in parts. There are also large photographic and memorabilia displays. The Open Cockpit Weekend will also feature displays from visiting groups and museums to add to the impressive array of historical items on display.
Aircrafts with cockpits open -
Aztec, Beagle, Canberra, Caribou, DC-3, F27 Friendship, Hunter, Mohawk, Mustang, Piaggoi, Sea Venom, Sea Vixen, Spitfire, Vampire, Viscount, Wessex, Winjeel.
Special QAM Displays - Duigan Flyer Model (under DC-3 nose), Pratt & Whitney R-2000 radial engine running: 10.30am, 12.05pm, 3pm, Bristol Hurcules sleeve valve radial engine display (behind Heron).
Open Cockpit Weekend
Sat 3 Jul - Sun 4 Jul 2010
1. 223 Sqn Air Force Cadets
2. Airport Tenant Group / Save Caloundra Airport Group with Bell Huey
3. Australia Simulator Centre
4. Australian Womens Pilots'Association
5. Blazer 3D Movie Theatre QLD Fire & Rescue TBC
6. Caloundra Coast Guard QF4
7. Caloundra Tourism Info Centre
9. David Brownsey - historic radio collection
10. Defence Force Recruiting
11. Eagle Farm Aviation Society
12. Fleet Air Arm Assoc
13. Gary Clarke - Swamp cartoonist signing, Saturday TBC
14. Historic Motorcycle Club Qld
15. Historic Speedway Car Assoc
17. MacArthur Museum Brisbane
18. Military Jeep Club Qld
19. Military Vehicle Collectors Aust
20. Museum Aust Army Flying
21. Qld Omnibus and Coach Society
22. Royal Flying Doctors Service
23. Sunshine Coast Model Flyers
24. Sunshine Coast Skydivers
25. Vietnam Veterans Assoc
Other attractions -
* Skydiving and parachute folding demonstrations
* Qld Contingent of the Royal Australian Navy Band, performing Saturday 11am and 1pm
* Sunshine Coast Concert Band, performing Sunday
* RFDS King Air aircraft fly pass
* Radio controlled model aircraft engine runs
* Children's amusement rides
* Children's colouring in competition
* 223 Sqn Air Force Cadet Drill display
Queensland Air Museum, Caloundra
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.