Put yourself in the pilot’s seat at Queensland Air Museum’s OPEN COCKPIT WEEKEND held in the mid-weekend of the July Queensland School Holidays each year.
Over this weekend QAM opens in a carnival atmosphere with a large range of activities and entertainment for the visiting public;
• As many as 20 historic aircraft are open to the public. Imagine sitting the pilot’s seat of the F-111, Mirage Jet and many, many more. A visit to the Lockheed Neptune and Ventura are a real experience, and Australia’s first Douglas DC-3, built in 1937, and operated by KLM on the Amsterdam to Batavia route, a 5-day trip! Our experienced guides will be on hand to tell the story behind each of these historic aircraft. And only available once each year.
• At the Caloundra Airport there is a huge Air-side display of vintage and veteran aircraft (weather permitting), and, depending on operation needs, the RAAF may support with an aircraft or helicopter.
• There’s a free Jumping Castle for the kids, live music, a large range of food and drinks; ‘real’ coffee.
• And look out for a range of other activities and entertainment to be promulgated on our Facebook page
• A huge range of aviation models and model kits as well QAM polo shirts, F-111 caps and a large range of souvenirs.
• Open from 9am to 4pm each day
• A fun day for families and children of all ages!
Put yourself in the pilot’s seat at the Open Cockpit Weekend which is held on the middle weekend of the Queensland school holidays. As the name suggests, the cockpits of several aircraft are opened for public inspection. Museum visitors are invited to actually sit in the cockpits of selected aircraft including the iconic F-111. Some of the larger aircraft, for example our 1937 vintage Douglas DC-3, are also opened up so that visitors can experience an aisle that goes uphill, sit in the cabin and see what air travel was like in days gone by.
Open Cockpit Weekend
9am to 4pm
July 6th-July 7th, 2019
Queensland Air Museum
Queensland Air Museum, Caloundra
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.