Best-selling author, journalist, broadcaster and former Wallaby Peter FitzSimons requires no introduction.
Peter’s columns in the SMH and the Sun-Herald are read by millions every week and his book sales make him Australia’s biggest selling non-fiction author.
There’s no doubt that Peter spins a great yarn, whether he’s talking about the exploits of sporting greats, or pondering the actions of historical legends.
So how does this “storyteller” do it?
What’s his “technique”, and how has it developed over the years, and the 20 plus books he’s had published since he began writing nearly 20 years ago?
And how do you write two hugely successful historical biographies in only one year?
Peter will share his secrets with you, as he discusses what might be considered his more heavyweight non-fiction works, including his most recent works, Mawson and Batavia – and the one he’s working on right now, the Eureka Stockade.
Peter FitzSimons – bringing history to life
Date: Friday 22 June
Venue: The J Theatre
Duration: 90 minutes
Associated Events: BBQ and Beer, Thursday 21 June, 6.00pm, RACV Noosa
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
The J Theatre, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.