Show me the Magic
The Adventures of Don McAlpine
Presented by Noosa Long Weekend Festival in Association with Noosa Film Society
Show me the Magic takes us on an enthralling journey into the life and work of legendary Australian cinematographer Don McAlpine. The filmmaker secured rare access to the usually closed behind-the-scenes world that Don inhabits during his 50th film, X-Men Origins: Wolverine with Gavin Hood and Hugh Jackman, and on the set of Mental, directed by P.J. Hogan, (Peter Pan). This is Don’s 53rd film and his first digital feature.
His career includes such seminal films as Patriot Games, Predator, Peter Pan, Mrs Doubtfire, Romeo+Juliet, Moulin Rouge! and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Show me the Magic tells the story of Don's journey from a one-horse town in outback NSW to the heights of Hollywood, weaving historical archive with Don's own personal collection and behind the scenes footage.
Directors Bruce Beresford and Gillian Armstrong recall highlights from Don’s remarkable Australian career including the iconic Breaker Morant and My Brilliant Career. We meet Paul Mazursky who gave him his big break in Hollywood with Tempest and Down and Out in Beverley Hills. Baz Luhrmann and Catherine Martin take us behind the scenes of their two iconic films with Don, Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge!
Show me the Magic will engage and delight anyone who has ever been touched by the magic of movies.
The audience will have Question and Answer opportunity after the film with Don McAlpine and Producer of the film Trish Lake.
Directed By Cathy Henkel
Produced by Cathy Henkel and Trish Lake
Virgo Productions and Freshwater Pictures
Produced in association with Screen Queensland and Screen Australia, Studio (Australia’s art & entertainment channel), Deluxe and Panavision.
Show me the Magic Documentary Don McAlpine + Q&A
Date: Saturday 15 June
Price: $25 General Seating
Venue: Noosa 5 Cinemas
Duration: 2 hours (incl Q & A)
Noosa Long Weekend
14-23 June 2013
10 days of arts, literature, food and fun!
Noosa Long Weekend Festival fast facts:
• The 12th Noosa Long Weekend Festival takes place from Friday 14 - Sunday 23 June 2013.
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in and around Noosa Heads, Queensland.
• A selection of early events (22 events) including the opening night act has been released for sale from today, Friday 22 March, 2013.
• The remaining events in the festival program will be revealed and released for sale on Friday 3 May, 2013.
• Over 85 ticketed and free events will be on offer with in excess of 12,000 tickets on sale. Over 250 local, national and international artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2013 Festival.
• Ticket information at: www.noosalongweekend.com
• Special festival accommodation packages can be found on the website.
• Follow the festival on Facebook or Twitter
Noosa 5 Cinemas, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.