Monday 09 November 2009 BREAKING NEWS - JUST RELEASED!
State Treasurer Mr Andrew Fraser will be joining us at the State of the Region Summit as a participant on the final panel hypothetical.
Registrations have been extended and will now close WEDNESDAY 11 NOVEMBER at 5.00pm
Call now on 3366 0533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or register online.
The Summit that gets things done. Mark it in your calendar now!! 13th November 2009.
You cannot afford to miss this gathering of influential business, government and community leaders.
Hear the latest research and analysis of international, national and regional trends affecting business, the community and the environment and exchange views with expert speakers and panels on how the Sunshine Coast region can move to a future beyond merely 'keeping' up.
To register your interest contact:
t 07 3366 0533
Wealth of the region: Building on strengths
8-8.30 Registration & Tea / Coffee on Arrival
-- Session 1 --
Introduction to the Summit MC David Gration, Policy Solutions Welcome to Country
Major Partner Welcome Martin Barrett, Managing Director, Qld and Automotive Finance, St. George Bank
KEYNOTE Demographic Trends: The Sunshine Coast Difference Alison Taylor, Senior Demographer, Planning Information and Forecasting Unit, Queensland Government
KEYNOTE Economic Trends: Under the microscope - St.George Bank
10-10.30 Morning Tea
-- Session 2 --
PANEL Environment Trends: Trade-offs; Business and the environment Professor Tim Smith (University of the Sunshine Coast Sustainability Research Centre) with Bob Cameron (Rockcote), Annie Nolan (Sunshine Coast Environment Council), and Michael Hopkins (Investa)
KEYNOTE Building Community:A strategy for community, business & local government interaction David Fraser, STEPS Research Project
-- Session 3 --
KEYNOTE The Hospital: a crisis unfolding
Australian Medical Association Representative
KEYNOTE Our place; Our future; Your say
Warrren Bunker, Sunshine Coast Regional Council
Have your say in guiding the way the Coast looks, feels and grows over the next twenty years with an interactive prioritising of actions from Council's new Statement of Proposals.
3-3.30 Afternoon Tea
-- Session 4 --
PANEL Strengthening the Region: The case for no States!
Join senior community and business personalities in a hypothetical discussion of what life would be like with no States!
Summit Round-up Professor Scott Prasser, Policy Solutions
5-6 Building networks: Post-Summit Drinks
Date - Friday 13 November 2009
Time - 8.00am for 8.30am start
Venue - Lecture Theatre 7, University of the Sunshine Coast
Cost - $275.00 Full day registration including Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and post-event networking drinks.
NFP/Student Cost - $165.00
REGISTER NOW AS NUMBERS WILL BE STRICTLY LIMITED.
Call 3366 0533 or email email@example.com for more information
About St.George Bank State of the Region Summit Sunshine Coast - 13 November 2009
Big Region ... Big Plans?
The new amalgamated Sunshine Coast region is now the fourth largest regional local government in Queensland, and one of the largest in Australia. With a present population of 300,000 expected to grow to 500,000 by 2026, the Sunshine Coast needs big plans to ensure its continued success, preserve its unique environmental features, and expand its business opportunities to create jobs and a diversified economy.
Join the new Mayor of Sunshine Coast Regional Council, Cr Bob Abbot, and other key decision makers at this gathering of influential business, government and community leaders at the 2008 St.George Bank State of the Region Summit and:
* Hear the highly respected researchers present the latest analysis of international, national and regional trends affecting business, the community and the environment with special reports on:
* International Economic Trends and Regional Australia, a special briefing report by the St.George Bank's Chief Economist;
* The State of Sunshine Business: Opportunities for Growth and Investment with the latest regional business trends and identification of future business investment and growth opportunities will be sponsored by Munro Thompson;
* Regional demographic trends and regional impact analysis for business, government and the community presented by Queensland's foremost and respected government demographer;
* Infrastructure: A Triple Bottom Line Audit: identifying the key regional 'must have' economic, environmental and community infrastructure priorities will be sponsored by Investa Property Group;
* New Ideas from Key Regional Decision Makers Report based on detailed discussions and surveys of the region's key decision makers in business, government and the community and non-government sectors with opportunities for Summiteers to respond and discuss these.
* Exchange views with expert speakers and participate in specially facilitated panels on how the Sunshine Coast region can move to a future beyond merely 'keeping up';
Help identify and plan three new regional strategies that need to be implemented by 2011 to make the Sunshine Coast the best there is.
* Mayor Bob Abbot, Sunshine Coast Regional Council
* Professor Paul Thomas, Vice Chancellor, University of the Sunshine Coast
* Simon Pomfret, Director, Illawarra Regional Information Service (Wollongong University)
* Alison Taylor, Demographer, Queensland Department of Infrastructure and Planning
* Besa Deda, A/Chief Economist, St.George Bank
St.George Bank State of the Region Summit Sunshine Coast is to be held at:
Lecture Theatre 7, Building C University of the Sunshine Coast Sippy Downs Drive Sippy Downs
University of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.