The Camphor Laurel Timber Initiative's open day combines the showcasing of value added Camphor Laurel products with education displays of the past, the present and the future of the timber industry in Cooroy.
* The Cooroy timber industry yesterday, today, tomorrow.
* Talks will start at 11.00am
* Sausage sizzle from 12.00-1.00pm
Value added products
Product & Timber sales
With Guest Presentations from 11am:
- Bob Abbott— Mayor Noosa Shire Council
- Ron Bath—Lower Mill History
- Stan Ryan—Sunshine Coast Camphor Laurel Timber Initiative Inc
- Phil Moran—Noosa & District Landcare
- Jo Turner—Living Smart Noosa
With Displays by the Cooroora Historical Society & Noosa & District Landcare
Sausage Sizzle from 12.00pm
Thursday, November 2nd, 2006
Time: 10.00am - 2.00pm
For enquires call:
Luke Ph: 0427 319 612 or Col Ph: 5447 7245
Lot 5 Lower Mill Road
PO Box 641 Cooroy
The Initiative is holding an open day at our Cooroy workshop to showcase value added camphor laurel products and hold informative talks about camphor laurel and timber in our past, present, and future landscape.
The initiative's aim is to bring to the Sunshine Coast community a sustainable timber industry utilising the significant weed species camphor laurel, benefiting the regions environment and economy.
The Sunshine Coast Camphor Laurel Timber Initiative's workshop is located on the site of the old Lower Mill in the main street of Cooroy.
For Further Details
Contact: Luke Barrowcliffe
PH: 0427 319 email@example.com
Lot 5 Lower Mill Rd.
PO Box 641
Cooroy QLD 4563