Sunshine Coast 'no limits' Multi Sport Expo
Date: Friday 30 September 2005
Where: Matthew Flinders Anglican College,
Buderim, Sunshine Coast
Time: 10am - 2pm
Multi Sport Expo
Athletics (throws and ambulant track)
Paralympic Talent Search
We are seeking those aged 18 and under
Paralympic Talent Search
Do you have a physical disability?
Do you dream of being a Paralympian?
Have you even considered it?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you should come along!
As part of the Expo, The Australian Paralympic Committee will be conducting two talent identification sessions to help identify future Paralympic athletes. For more information visit www.paralympic.org.au
For more information please call Gabrielle Appleton at Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association on (07) 3253 3333 or Michael Hartung at the Australian Paralympic Committee (02) 9704 0526.
The no limits Sunshine Coast Multi-Sport Expo aims to provide school aged children with a physical disability or vision iimpairment with the opportunity to participate in a range of different sports, that may or may not be specific to their disability.
Multi Sport Expos provide the opportunity for students to get in and have a go at different sports they may not have access to on a regular basis, while also linking students to local clubs and encouraging participation.
Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association, and the Australian Paralympic Committee will be presenting this year's Sunshine Coast Expo. Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association provides and facilitates sport, recreation and fitness opportunties for people with a physical disability or vision impairment throughout Queensland. The Australian Paralympic Committee aims "to enable Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and inspire and excite the world."
Sports on offer:
Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association and the Australian Paralympic Committee will be running sports programs in a joint capacity, in an effort to provide the best opportunities for students. As part of the Expo the Australian Paralympic Committee will be conducting two talent identification sessions to help identify future Paralympic athletes. For more information please visit www.paralympic.org.au. If you have any further questions please contact Gabrielle at Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association on (07) 3253 3333 or Michael Hartung at the Australian Paralympic Committee on (02) 9704 0526.
• Athletics (Ambulant Track & Throws)
• Wheelchair Basketball - Students with a Physical Disability only.
• Tennis - All Students (Both Wheelchair and Ambulant Tennis provided).
• Boccia - All students.
• Swimming - All students (Only 10 students per session).
• Goalball - Vision Impaired students only.
• Cycling - All students
• Paralympic Testing - Testing takes two sport sessions. (All students)
On the Day
• Schools / Parents and Students are required to arrive at the no limits Sunshine Coast Multi-Sport Expo (Matthew Flinders Anglician College, Buderium) no later than 9.30am for briefing and registration.
• Teachers / Parents are required to register all students participating prior to the start of the Expo. The Registration Desk will be located on the grass area in front of the field.
• At 9.30am, a brief welcome and information session will be held informing teachers / parents about the day. At least one teacher from each school is required at this briefing.
• The first session will commence at 10am sharp and will run for a full 45 minutes. Students must arrive at sessions on time to ensure that coaches are able to provide the full session.
Four sessions will run on the day (individual sports will run during each sessions). Sessions will be 45 minutes, with a 15 minute break between each session. Students are only to attend sessions they have been allocated to. Paralympic testing will be run over two sports sessions.
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.