The Sunshine Rock & Blues Festival will be held on the weekend of Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th June 2018. An exciting three-day celebration of Australian music, featuring national recording and touring artists, the kind of event never before seen in a Sunshine Coast venue.
Spread across three separate sound stages, festival attendees can experience continuous free live shows on the Main Stage, ticketed events in the Function Room and an acoustic breakfast performance on the Lower Viva Deck. This will be a unique and memorable music festival experience, presented by Caloundra RSL in conjunction with 92.7 Mix FM and Give Me 5 for Kids, to raise money for our local hospitals.
FRIDAY 22ND JUNE - On Friday night, we kick off the festival at 5.00pm with a huge charity raffle, followed by four live performances on the Main Stage.
• 8 Ball Aitken, an Australian singer, songwriter and slide guitarist who is noted for his fusion of country music with Australian blues and roots music. A crowd favourite at Caloundra RSL, 8-Ball has a strong local following
• Lecia Louise is an award winning songwriter, guitarist and performer who has supported some of Australia's big names and played across Australia at festivals and shows. She moves effortlessly through the styles of folk, pop/rock and blues
• Marshall O’Kell – winner of Best Blues & Roots at the Oz Music awards 2012 and winner of Album of the Year Song of the Year, Best Male Vocal and Best Blues & Roots Artist at the NCEIA Dolphin Awards
• Australian four-piece rock band Bourbon Street formed in Byron Bay in 1987. The seasoned rockers still draw large crowds and play with the same enthusiasm that put them on the map 30-years ago
In the Function Room, doors open to our double headline show at 6.05pm, featuring Richard Clapton and Jon Stevens. You’ll need a ticket to get in to this exclusive event.
Richard Clapton is one of Australia’s favourite singer-songwriters and Jon Stevens is recognised as one our most talented rock musicians, with phenomenal solo success and as the lead singer of major rock act Noiseworks.
SATURDAY 23RD JUNE - The music festival resumes 11 am Saturday morning with another huge charity raffle for Give me 5 for kids.
• Local musician Col Finley and band kick off the day’s stellar line-up
• Tim Griffen is an award winning Blues & Roots artist based in North Queensland
• Matty Rogers has been creating and performing his original music throughout Australia for the last 12 years with a unique blend of blues, folk, and rock
• The Mason Rack Band have played over 2,500 live shows and appeared at many of Australia’s leading music festivals
• Patrons will need to be in the club early to secure their place to see Ash Grunwald, an Australian blues musician with eight studio albums and five nominations for ARIA Music Awards. Now living overseas, Ash is making a special trip home to perform at the Sunshine Rock & Blues Festival
• Phil Emmanuel is known as one of Australia’s Greatest Electric Guitar Players and has a resume of amazing performances with musical legends that any musical enthusiast would envy Over in the Function Room, there is another amazing line up of artists performing. Patrons with tickets to this exclusive event will see three of Australia’s best blues & rock artists.
• The Bondi Cigars are an Australian Blues and Roots band formed in Sydney in 1989
• Russell Morris is one of Australia's most enduring singers. A crowd favourite at Caloundra RSL, Russell returns as one of the headline acts at the Sunshine of Rock & Blues Festival
• The Black Sorrows formed in 1983 by mainstay vocalist Joe Camilleri (ex-Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons), who also plays saxophone and guitar
SUNDAY 24TH JUNE - The Club opens early on Sunday morning at 8.30am and ticket holders will be treated to a very special acoustic breakfast performance as we present “Songwriters in the Round”. Col Finley and 8 Ball Aitken will be joined on stage by Michael Bryers to perform an up close and personal show
on our Lower Viva Deck, while patrons enjoy a delicious hot breakfast. Tickets to this very special show are limited and only available as part of our three day festival pass.
We round off the festival weekend with a very special event – a performance by one of Australia’s most loved female musicians Wendy Matthews at 1.30pm
Our final show, commencing at 3.30pm features Michael Bryers and band. Michael will close the festival for us with his soulful renditions and beautiful lyrics.
• One Show pass – Admission to the Friday or Saturday night show in the Function Room = $59
• Two Show pass –Admission to both Friday and Saturday night shows in the Function Room = $99
• Early Bird Three Show Pass – Admission to both Friday and Saturday night shows in the Function Room and the Sunday Songwriters in the Round Breakfast show = $119.
Sunshine Rock and Blues Festival
22 June - 24 June 2018
$59 - $119
Caloundra RSL, Caloundra
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.