Death comes to all living beings, and at that crucial time of transition we may not know how to best help our loved ones or ourselves. This course gives practical advice on preparing for death and assisting others through this time.
We investigate how the awareness of our mortality can help us resolve conflicts, experience greater degrees of emotional freedom, and live life to the fullest! The course also provides practices that one can do at the time of death, advice for the 'non-religious', and prayers for funerals of all types. Topics to be covered include:
• Practical advice on what to do when those close to us are dying
• Prayers and powerful mantras to bring peace and confidence
• How to recognise and navigate the 8 stages of the dying process
• Making our life and our death beneficial by using the "5 Powers"
• How to help our pets when they are dying The course has been developed for Buddhists and non-Buddhists, and is suitable for students of all levels. Venerable Lhagsam is a Buddhist nun with 15 years experience in palliative care.
In her teachings, she combines her insight into the wisdom of the Buddha with her understanding of modern medicine. She has helped many people (and her cat) through protracted illness and death, and conducts funerals for Buddhists and non-Buddhists alike.
The Art of Living and Dying Well
Chenrezig Institute, 33 Johnsons Road, Eudlo
30th and 31st of August 2014
Saturday 9am, sunday 3pm
Facility Fees: $99 Full fee $89.10 Concession/ Members, Booking essential!Accommodation & meals are available separately
For further information please contact 07 5453 2108
Chenrezig Institute, Eudlo
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.