"The return of the Noosa Parade"
- All local businesses are invited to attend and present a float.
- This will benefit them through direct advertising and allow them to showcase their business as they see fit.
- Car dealers will be asked to attend and display their latest vehicles.
- Police, Fire Brigade, and Ambulance are requested to attend and show their latest vehicles, technology and support
- Car and Motorbike enthusiasts and clubs will be encouraged to attend and a section of the side parking is to be roped off to allow the cars and bikes to park and be displayed. These will be at the rear of the parade to enable them to park easily.
-All of the community are invited to attend and dress up in the theme of their chosen business or group including:
- Regional wineries
- Past float holders from the original "festival or the waters parades"
- Schools to dress in their chosen theme
- Spa, health and beauty salons
- Local sporting complexes and recreational classes
- Local sports stars will be requested to attend, I already have several to call upon if they receive sufficient notice, I am sure that many more can be called by other people within the local community
- Children's, the Lions club and local marching bands
- Street performers acting to entice people to watch their performances
- All river based businesses
- Sponsorship promotions will be focused on with flyers, banners etc.
- There will be prizes donated and given to the best dressed individual, best float and most original business promotion
- Entry fees will be low to get a high volume of attendances. Individual attendance ($5) and group attendance/float ($30)
- All fees will be included as sponsorship of the event and a live to air plug will be given on to all involved when presented in the parade
- Confectionary will be donated by a department store
- Proceeds will go towards the logistics of the event and foundations involved
Celebration of live music: This will allow us to capture the attention of local musicians to participate. A petition will be available to sign on the day
- Bands will run from 11am until 3.30pm.
- All schools and music schools will be invited to attend
- Retainers will be allocated to performers to assist with attendance costs
- Well known local entertainers will perform as well as a headline act
- Zinc will hold the rights to the main stage and will promote the entertainment free of charge
- Music will be broadcasted outside bans performances.
Street performers: Working closely with Creative Noosa, this will be all day action.
- As many local performers as possible will be used.
- Performers will be invited to attend for the children.
- Visual stimulation for all ages.
Food stalls: Local restaurants, food vendors and food outlets showcasing their culinary masterpieces are invited to attend and produce their "one dish wonder"
- All stall holders and restaurateurs on the coast will be invited to attend.
- All vendors must have a food permit and liabilities covered and comply with food safety laws.
- Trestles, chairs and tents will be arranged and included in the stall fees for the sheltered dining areas
- Power will be restricted and monitored. Gas is advised and appreciated.
- The food will incorporate a vast selection of styles and cuisine ensuring that repetition is avoided.
- A competition will be run on the day with surprise guest chefs and the public judging the restaurants "one dish wonder".
- Restaurants will be invited to offer $5 plates of the dish they wish to be judged.
- This does not however restrict the amount of food items vendors desire to produce and sell on the day
- Restaurant stalls may be shared to cut outlay costs.
River activities: The event is on the same day as the "River Fest Regatta"
- We aim to work together with the Noosa Yacht and Rowing Club to promote and increase the river events and competitions for public participation
- The River Fest Regatta will be partnered with the event to maximise exposure and attendance
Children's activities :It's all about the Kids!
- A Mary-go-round
- Pony rides
- Toy give-aways
- Face painting
- Arts and craft workshop
- Children's performers
Promotion: We request the assistance from as many people within the community willing to donate time or products for prizes & raffles. To reduce costs we are seeking assistance for all areas including;
- Flyers and Posters advertising the event within businesses
- Donations for raffles and prizes
- Radio advertising will be by Zinc 96.1
- News paper articles and advertising arranged by APN, which hold editorial rights.
- Individual business sponsorship.
- A banner to advertise in the Lions park banner poles
- Advertising could be used on Vehicles.
- Volunteers are needed.
Sponsorship: All businesses are invited. Sponsorship and signage fees will be fairly priced to obtain more sponsors and supporters to promote the event.
- Noosaville industrial businesses
- Local traders
- Community Associations
- Commercial outlets
- All Small to Large businesses
- Individual personalities and celebrities
- Corporate Food outlets
- Local Restaurants
- Department Stores
- All river based businesses
Liquor: A tent will be made available for the public
- This will be supplied and operated by The Villa Noosa Hotel
Wet weather plan :In the unfortunate event of rain no additional tents will be installed.
- The event will be set for all weather conditions regardless.
- In a severe natural disaster occurs a postponement plan will be available for businesses involved.
Event Running: This is a guide only as to how the event will run. Times may vary to allow for pack up and clean up. Sunset is at 17.05.
- Open with a parade at 9.15- 10.45- those involved will be required to meet for assembly from 8.15 in the Noosaville Homemaker centre.
- The event starts at 10.00. All food stalls are required to be ready. Staging set up and the area set for the public.
- 11.00-12.00, cars are put on show and advertised over a loud speaker.
- 10.45-16.00, the first performers are given their stage area. Alternating with bands they will be given slots to work with. (This will need to be confirmed with the performance organiser) Roaming performers will tour all day.
- 11.00-12.00, Children's Performances.
- 11.00-15.30. Live Music
- 11.00-16.00, River Fest events.
- 15.30-16.00 prizes given out for competition winners.
Note; There is a lot on at once though this will enable us to capture the attention of a broad spectrum of ages, interests and visual stimulation.
The Noosa River Festival
Noosaville Lions Park
Sunday 16th May
10.00am - 4pm
To contribute to the achievement of Noosa's newest, most exciting free public event and join in with the day's activities phone Brendan Weatherill on 0422556610 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
downloadable: "Sponsorship & Participation Information" word doc
downloadable: "Event Outline" word doc
Noosaville Lions Park, Noosaville
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.