Marvel at making of Sunshine Coast during Heritage Week
A peek into the making of Caloundra and the hinterland -- as well as Queensland's top 150 historical documents -- are just some of the free library events and displays on offer during Heritage Week from 10 to 17 May.
This year's theme "The Making of Queensland", will look at the explorers, early settlers, entrepreneurs and people who make up Queensland's rich history and cultural identity.
Sunshine Coast Council's Community Policy and Programs Portfolio holder, Councillor Jenny McKay, said a variety of free events ranging from guest speakers to photo displays and group story sharing was on offer at libraries for Heritage Week.
"There is a treasure chest full of stories about the Coast's history and Heritage Week gives us a chance to explore these in a fun and interactive way," Cr McKay said.
"People can listen to an historian talk about the early beginnings of their local area, share a photo of where their family originated from or marvel at one of the many photo exhibits on display.
"You don't have to be a historian to enjoy Heritage Week -- the free program of events on offer at libraries has something for everyone."
Sunshine Coast Libraries' Heritage Week events include:
* Caloundra Library, "The making of Caloundra", Mon 11 May (10-11am). Phone 5491 1255 to book.
* Coolum Library, "Where did you/your family come from?" Wed 13 May (10-11am). Phone 5446 3122 to book.
* Maleny Library, "The making of the Blackall Range timber industry", Wed 13 May (10.30-11.30am). Phone 5429 6222 to book.
* Kawana Library, "Sunshine Coast -- My new home", Wed 13 May (1.30-2.30pm). Phone 5444 8022 to book.
* Noosa Library, "The making of a life -- share your story", Thurs 14 May (10am-12pm). Phone 5442 4411 to book.
* Beerwah Library, "The making and connectivity of the hinterland", Fri 15 May (10-11am). Phone 5494 0221 to book.
* Maroochydore Library, "Top 150 documenting Queensland exhibition", All week during library hours. Phone 5475 8900 to book.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL and residents are encouraged to contact their local branch by Thursday 7 May to book their free place.
Libraries will also feature historical photo displays all week during Heritage Week.
The Queensland Heritage Festival is the state's largest annual heritage event that celebrates the rich diversity of Queensland through a variety of community-based events.
A full program of events at Sunshine Coast Libraries can be downloaded from the Heritage Week page on council's website.
Coolum Library, Coolum Beach
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.