REASON FOR THE EXPO: There are many festivals running around the country at the moment that work on similar guidelines to the one we are proposing, but we have noticed over the years they have all become very commercialised and have forgotten the reason for their existence, that is to help people and to create public awareness of natural modalities, and not just a place to make sales.
This Expo will assist people in understanding what is available to them from natural therapists in the local and surrounding districts.
This Expo is not about self-promotion but helping people understand their natural therapy choices.
Many people are afraid of natural medicines because they know little about them.
This expo will give people a chance to view them at no cost and under no pressure, without prejudice or cost.
The primary aim of the Expo is to get people back to the basics of health, it has only been recently that instead of relying on your home remedy to cure that cough or cold, we run to the doctor (even for a scraped knee) for nearly everything, it is time we turned it around and made people aware that the body is our best healer, we just need to give it a chance to work properly instead of being hindered by chemicals.
If you would like to have a stall, secure some exhibition space, conduct a workshop or give a talk then please contact me as soon as possible as spaces have already started to fill.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES: Long Term:
1) Pathways is not envisaged as a one off Expo, but an annual one, Woodford does have a good track record when it comes to Festivals.
2) Giving people an aid to self healing and the choices available to them
3) Demystifying Natural Therapies
4) Establish a base where people can find additional therapists
5) Becoming a facilitator to help people find alternative therapists
1) Create awareness of local practitioners and organisations
2) Increase awareness of natural therapies and therapists
3) Demystifying Natural Therapies
4) Giving local Music and Musicians (sound therapy) a showcase in which to perform their music
5) Attract general members that know nothing of natural therapies to the Expo and giving them access to information for the first time
6) Helping people that are interested in natural therapies but are uncertain of where to go and who to see.
7) Giving contributors a place and a forum to promote their brand of natural therapy
8) General education to all members of the public
1) The general public from an education and understanding perspective
2) General public getting to know who the natural therapy practitioners and providers are and what they have to offer.
3) Local businesses being able to promote and market themselves
4) Exhibitors getting to know people in the local area
5) Local community and wider area 6) Local businesses especially sponsors & market stall holders
WHY AN EXPO AND NOT SOME OTHER WAY: An Expo is a much better way to help promote natural and alternative therapies to the general public then any other forum because:
1) The Internet is not hands on, information can be difficult to sift through, and is still even then confusing, and generally speaking is just a sales forum to make you buy things.
2) Courses can be expensive and only normally deal with one aspect of the natural healing modality; at the Expo there are a broad range of different modalities on show.
3) Word of Mouth is not focused and not able to demonstrate the benefits as WOM is only a description At the Expo each person is involved in what is happening, they are able to interact with the speaker during a workshop / talk and then continue their conversation developing a better awareness of the practitioner and what they have to offer, without the pressure of having to buy something, because most importantly it is free to attend making the workshops and talk more accessible to the general public.
HOW WILL THE EXPO RUN The Expo will run from 8:30am to 5:30pm Saturday the 17th and Sunday the 18th of September 2011, with an evening concert from 6:30pm to 10:30pm on Saturday the 17th.
The Expo is spread over the grounds of the Bush House, Rainbow Hall and the LJ Hooker Complex. The Rainbow Hall building will be the site of all the workshops, discussions and talks.
It will also be the venue for the evening concert. The Bush House is the Exhibitors Hall, this area is set aside for those speakers and workshop people that wish to display aspects about themselves, plus many market stall holders Beside the Rainbow Hall will be an area dedicated to a children’s play area, this area used to be a child’s day care so is well suited for this purpose.
Underneath the Rainbow hall will be psychic readers.
Massage and Reiki therapists will also be on site in a Marquee at the back of the children’s play area near the Psychic Readers.
Stalls holders will be invited to take up spaces at the expo, some space is available in front of the Bush House building and LJ Hooker, but the majority will be placed under a Marquee in the LJ Hooker Car Park, at present over 30 market stall holders have booked in for our inaugural year.
BUSH HOUSE LECTURE PROGRAMME
8:30 Meditation Church of the Guardian Angels Service
9:00 Rhythmic Breathing - Doug Gillies Australian Bush Flower Essence - Janda
10:00 Kinesiology - Stephen Kinsella Specialized Blood Analysis - Maria Waldcock
11:00 Weaving with the Goddess - Goddess Assoc Aust Indoor Air Quality - Red Fox
12:00 Enar and Pain Management - Patrice Connelly Acupuncture - Rebecca Purvis
1:00 Raindrop Technique - Helen Sattler Vaccination - Stephanie Messanger
2:00 SIDS - Toxic Gas Theory - Stephanie Messanger Core Transformation Process - Lee Heather
3:00 Homeopathy - David Kempson Reconnection with Nature - Brad White
4:00 Workshop (Tuning Forks) - Dayanna
How Quantum Phsyics can help heal you - Angela Morgan
5:00 Listening to your Body - Blayse / Coates / Wegert Community Garden
4:45 Agnihotra - Karuna
5:05 Fire Ceremony All talks and workshops will be at no cost and people will be encouraged to participate.
Saturday Night Music Concert
Cohen Medson Band 45 mins 9:15pm - 10:00pm
Purusha 45 mins 8:10pm - 8:55pm
Willow Nichols 30 Mins 7:20pm - 7:50pm
Bird on a Choir 20mins 6:45pm - 7:05pm
Patrice Connelly 20 mins 6:15pm - 6:35pm
You Can Heal Yourself - Alternative Healing Modality Expo
17/09/2011 - 18/09/2011
8:00 am start 6:00pm finish both days, music concert Saturday night
Contact: Wayne Pina-Roozemond Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0415 800 888 Postal: Pathways Expo P.O.Box 1055 Woodford QLD 4514
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.