AgForce is seeking experienced, enthusiastic and creative thinkers to help drive policies that ensure the continued sustainability and growth of Queensland agribusiness.
AgForce General President Georgie Somerset said an expressions of interest process was now open for members who wanted to contribute to the policy development process and represent the wider views of broadacre agriculture by being part of AgForce's policy committees.
"Delivering high quality food and fibre for domestic and overseas consumers is an extremely rewarding and important job but it's also not easy, with Queensland primary producers facing constant challenges from government decisions, the natural environment and fluctuating markets," she said.
"Industry groups like AgForce are at the forefront of grappling with policy problems and coming up with sensible solutions that deliver better outcomes for rural Queenslanders.
"For example, it is through AgForce policy committees that a new approach to how governments respond to drought is now under active consideration while we have also successfully advocated for improved drought assistance measures.
"We're now seeking nominations from the best and brightest to be part of AgForce's policy committees over the next two years and help us secure the continued productivity, profitability and sustainability of Queensland agriculture."
AgForce's policy committees will cover areas such as:
- Landscape Management including vegetation management and natural capital;
- Connectivity and social policy including telecommunications and technology research, development and extension;
- Climate and agribusiness including drought and energy;
- Transport including infrastructure and regulation;
- Water including planning, regulation and development;
- Biosecurity including management and regulation of pests, weeds and disease;
- Workforce with a primary focus on workplace health and safety;
- Land use protection including property rights and competing land uses.
Expressions of interest are due by Saturday 15 December with the make-up of the committees to be finalised in early 2019. More information is available by contacting AgForce on 07 3236 3100.