The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) would like to advise you of upcoming works to install a closed circuit television (CCTV) camera as part of Intelligent Transport Systems infrastructure on Kawana Way, Warana.
Intelligent Transport Systems use traffic signals, cameras and vehicle detectors to help improve network safety and efficiency. The CCTV camera will enable TMR to monitor traffic flow and respond to congestion or incidents in real time and will support projects to improve access to and from Sunshine Coast University Hospital.
Night works are scheduled for the week commencing 11 November 2019 and will take approximately two weeks to complete, weather permitting.
- installing a pole-mounted CCTV camera on the western side of Kawana Way at Metier Linkway roundabout
· minor trenching and underground works to install cabling and conduits adjacent to Kawana Way between Metier Linkway roundabout and Premier Circuit roundabout
- installing a switchboard near Premier Circuit roundabout.
What to expect:
- majority of works will be undertaken at night between 7pm and 6am, Monday night to Saturday morning
- temporary lane closures, reduced speed limits and traffic control measures will be in place during the work
- motorists may experience minor delays and are encouraged to drive to the changed traffic conditions, obeying signage, reduced speed limits and traffic controller directions at all times
- noise and possible dust from construction activities and machinery can be expected
- reversing beepers and flashing lights are a safety requirement and will be used during working hours
- emergency vehicles will be given priority access and entry through the work site.
Every effort will be made to keep disruptions and noise to a minimum while the works are undertaken. TMR appreciates your patience while these works are carried out.