Member for Maroochydore Fiona Simpson today congratulated local sports and community groups in the Maroochydore electorate for their success in the latest funding round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF).
Ms Simpson said that seven local clubs would be receiving a funding boost to upgrade facilities and purchase essential equipment.
The successful recipients for Round 92 GCBF are:
· Alexandra Headland Surf Life Saving Club - $26,960 to purchase a trailer and equipment;
· Coolum Beach Bowls - $31,460 to install lighting;
· Coolum Beach Meals on Wheels - $34,895 to install a solar power system;
· Coolum Cricket Club - $20,000 to purchase a mower;
· Sunshine Coast Dragons Abreast - $4,210 to purchase equipment;
· Sunshine Cost Marathon Inc - $33,158 to purchase equipment;
· Maroochydore Scout Group - $16,992 to purchase equipment.
“This is great news for our local sports and community groups and all the volunteers who work hard behind the scenes,” Ms Simpson said.
“I’m sure they will put the funds to good use for the benefit of our local community.”
Ms Simpson encouraged more local groups to apply for the next round of funding which will open mid-July and will close on 31 August 2017.
Information on how to apply to the GCBF is available at www.justice.qld.gov.au/grants or by calling 1800 633 619.