Six local sports and community groups in the Maroochydore electorate will be getting a funding boost thanks to the latest funding round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF).
Member for Maroochydore Fiona Simpson congratulated the clubs on their successful applications for funding to upgrade facilities and purchase essential equipment.
The successful recipients for Round 100 GCBF are:
· Apex Youth Camps - $16,940 to resurface courts
· Maroochydore Rugby Union Club - $20,000 for a scrum machine
· Maroochydore Tennis Club - $35,000 to install court lighting
· Mooloolaba Bowls Club - $31,766 to construct a wheelchair accessible entrance
· Mooloolaba Netball Club - $3,280 to purchase equipment
· Mooloolaba Yacht Club - $31,36 to repair and refurbish sailing yachts.
“These funds will be put to good use to benefit our local community,” Ms Simpson said.
“Congratulations to all the volunteers who work hard behind the scenes to keep our local sports and community groups flourishing.”
Ms Simpson encouraged more local groups to apply for the next round of funding which will opens soon and closes on 31 August 2019.
“Grants of between $500 and $35,000 are available for eligible groups, so please make sure your local club gets their application in to receive their share of this funding pool,” Ms Simpson said.
Information on how to apply to the GCBF is available at www.justice.qld.gov.au/grants or by calling 1800 633 619.