Sunshine Coast Council has reopened its customer service counters following the Queensland Government Stage 2 COVID-19 restrictions easing, but customers are encouraged to continue using online platforms where possible.
Community Portfolio Councillor Winston Johnston thanked customers for their cooperation during these challenging times.
“Closing our customer service centres in early April was an unfortunate but necessary measure to protect our staff and residents, but the Sunshine Coast community and business operators have truly embraced the use of our online platforms,” Cr Johnston said
“We are now able to reopen our counters to provide face-to-face services, but I would encourage everyone to continue using the many other convenient channels we offer.”
To help maintain social distancing, an appointment system has been introduced and customers are encouraged to book in advance. Bookings can be made via council’s website or phone 5475 7272.
- Caloundra: limited to five customers in total at any one time. Two people can be served with three waiting in queue.
- Maroochydore: limited to four customers in total at any one time. Two people can be served with two waiting in queue.
- Nambour: limited to four customers in total at any one time. One customer at a time using the self-service computer.
The Development Services counter at Maroochydore is also now open. The Caloundra Development Services counter remains closed at this stage.
To ensure ongoing safety for customers and staff, some services will remain available online via MyCouncil only, or by appointment if absolutely necessary:
- Animal registrations
- Licences and permit applications
- Updating address and contact details
- Request a service
- Payments via credit card.
The counters will be open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4pm.
Customer visits on-site will be limited to less than 15 minutes where possible and limits will apply to the number of customers allowed within each centre at any one time to ensure social distancing requirements can be maintained.
Phone and online contact options
- Phone: 5475 7272
- Chat: chat online with a Customer Service Officer between 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) by clicking the blue chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the Contact Council web page.
- Call-back service: simply enter your name, number and enquiry topic via council’s website and a Customer Service Officer will call you. Call-back is available from Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm. Please do not use call-back for urgent or hazardous situations or outside of business hours. Please telephone 5475 7272 in these instances.
- Online forms: can be used any time day or night to request a service, request a bin repair or replacement, change your address, change animal registration details, provide feedback or request general information.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MyCouncil: register to view property details, rates notices, animal details, submit online requests, update details and make payments, businesses can also register to get access to a business dashboard showing their property and applications.
- Hearing impaired – phone via the National Relay Service on 133 677 or use Web Chat
- Speech impaired – phone via the National Relay Service on 1300 555 727 or use Web Chat
- Non-English speaking background – phone via the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450.
- The after-hours emergency call centre will continue to operate via the customer service number 5475 7272.
- Planning, plumbing and building enquiries can be made during business hours, Monday–Friday 8.30am–5pm, by phoning 5475 PLAN (7526).
You can also contact council via post or fax:
- Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre, QLD 4560
- Fax: (07) 5475 7277.
Visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/Council/Contact-Council to see all of the options available.