Local Sunshine Coast business, Creative Tours and Events is introducing new interactive food tourism tours online.
The 'Meet the Maker at Home' virtual series to debut this week will feature a beer and food pairing session presented by Matt Jancauskas of Brouhaha Brewery.
Each experience will deliver local produce to your door and be followed by an exclusive online session featuring some of best local brewers, farmers and chefs in the region bringing a mix of live interactive sessions and pre-recorded information and tips.
Creative Tours and Events Food & Beverage Tour Specialist, Josh Donohoe, said we have a great relationship with our local producers, so when our usual behind the scenes tours came grinding to a halt, we reached out to them to create a unique online version of what we do.
"This is an opportunity for people to have a small taste and experience of the Sunshine Coast while in isolation, and hopefully it encourages them to explore it fully when business resumes," he said.
"This is a great idea for date nights, Mother's Day gifts, staff get togethers, or just something fun to relieve the boredom at home. As a bonus each experience will also feature a mystery gift."
Visit Sunshine Coast CEO Simon Latchford said this was a heartening example of how a tourism business is innovating in the time of coronavirus.
"We know that food and beer is well-established as prime drivers of tourism for the Sunshine Coast," Mr Latchford said.
"The Meet the Maker at Home series is a wonderful example of resilience and adapting a traditional offering to provide an online tourism experience that you can touch, smell and taste to keep customers and the local community engaged."
The Food and Agribusiness Network (FAN) is throwing its support behind the new initiative.
General Manager Emma Greenhatch said, "we're so inspired by members like Josh, that have rapidly moved from shock to how they can transform their business to survive and create new opportunities.
"The Meet the Maker at Home series will highlight to local consumers the amazing range of food and beverages that we produce across our region and stimulate interest in experiencing these offerings in person once restrictions ease," said Emma.
The 'Meet the Maker at Home' series will be held weekly and will feature a range of experiences including:
- Farm to Fork with local farmers produce box, with cooking ideas from local chefs.
- Gin masterclass with a make at home cocktail package and a happy hour online session featuring gin from Noosa Heads Distillery.
- Chocolate & Coffee – online masterclass from local coffee roasters with chocolate from Kokopod and cookies from Black Lemonade.
- Cheese Please – local cheese package from Woombye, Little White Goats Cheese, crackers and condiments.
Brouhaha Beers and Bites Details
- Order by midday Friday 24 April here.
- On Saturday 25 April, the local package will be delivered to your door.
- Charcuterie board of local snacks (for two)
- Four pack of beer from Brouhaha Brewery
- Bonus mystery gift
- Discounts for future tours and events
- Zoom login details will be emailed to you with your order confirmation
- On Sunday 26 April at 2.30-3.30pm
Guided online beer and food pairing session with Brouhaha Brewer Matt Jancauskas.
This includes talking about different beer styles and flavours, along with giving more background to the local produce featured in the box.
Need to know
- Cost is $70 and includes local package delivery for two and online experience.
- Book via creativetours.com.au
- Program bookings via Humanitix that direct 100% of booking fees toward education projects.
- Participants will require access to Zoom to join the online component.
- Delivery is currently only available to Sunshine Coast area.