Investing in and supporting our community remains the primary focus of this year’s $782 million budget as Sunshine Coast Council continues to improve local infrastructure.
Division 4 Councillor Natoli said his commitment to residents and businesses in his division was to put their interests front and centre by improving facilities and enhancing their lifestyle.
“Council has worked very hard to deliver a budget that has something for everyone in Division 4,” Cr Natoli said.
“Projects planned over the next 12 months will help connect our community and include major transport infrastructure projects, safe active transport solutions and a variety of smaller local projects and facilities.
“Council will invest in sport and recreation facilities such as the continued roll out of the coastal pathway at Buddina, Minyama, Alexandra Headland and Mooloolaba and the Cotton Tree aquatic centre upgrade.
“Funds will be invested in Division 4 parks and playgrounds to help the Sunshine Coast community achieve a healthy, active and sustainable lifestyle.
“Road safety is a high priority and construction will start on the Maroochy Boulevard and Dalton Drive intersections and planning for the upgrade of two intersections at Maroochydore including Maud Street and Comstar Avenue and Maud Canal to Aerodrome Road will begin.
“Council is also investing in several major Mooloolaba infrastructure projects to improve traffic flow and enhance the southern entrance into Mooloolaba.
“One example is widening Brisbane Road and Walan Street, part of the multi-stage Mooloolaba Transport Corridor Upgrade project.
“Once completed in 2023, the upgrade will create an integrated corridor that is inviting for pedestrians, cyclists, motorists and public transport users.
“Division 4 residents, businesses and visitors will also soon benefit from the new eight-storey multi-deck car park scheduled for completion in December 2020.”
The facility will have more than 700 car parking spaces, with a further 54 motorcycle spaces and 50 bicycle spaces.
Sunshine Coast Council delivered its $782 million budget on June 25.
Division 4 highlights for the 2020/21 budget include:
· $14 million to design and construct four traffic lanes upgrade of Brisbane Road and Walan Street, Mooloolaba
· $15 million to construct the new multi-deck car park in Mooloolaba
· $1.7 million to plan and develop the Mooloolaba to Alex Bluff Recreation Park, Alexandra Headland
· $1.2 million to construct the Maroochy River groynes, Maroochydore
· $1 million for the intersection upgrade of Maroochy Boulevard and Dalton Drive, Maroochydore
· $485,000 to upgrade Cotton Tree Aquatic Centre including a renewed filtration system for the 25 metre pool, Maroochydore
· $183,000 to design and construct coastal pathway’s missing links in Buddina, Minyama, Alexandra Headland and Mooloolaba
· $156,500 to upgrade parks and playgrounds in Warana, Parrearra, Alexandra Headland, Minyama and Mooloolaba
· $210,000 for upgrade works to Parrearra Lock
· $80,000 for renewal of Beach Access 195 Mooloolaba Beach Shower