Financial assistance to help producers affected by the bushfires


NOTE: This article is older than 12 months
  • Bushfire-impacted producers can access assistance by applying for an Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration
  • Do NOT return to your property until it is safe

Primary producers impacted by the recent bushfires can apply for disaster recovery assistance.

Minister for Agricultural Industry Development and Fisheries Mark Furner said as conditions and access improved, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) staff would conduct on-the-ground assessments to better understand the impacts of these severe bushfires.

“This will determine what activation criteria is met for the joint state/commonwealth Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA),” Mr Furner said.

“But producers don’t need to wait for a formal activation.

“Producers suffering severe damage can apply for an Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration, which gives access to freight subsidies up to $5,000 from DAF, and Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA) Disaster Assistance loans of up to $250,000 at a concessional interest rate.

“We strongly urge everyone to keep updated on current conditions and not to return to their properties until it is safe to do so.”

Information on applying for an IDSP can be found at or phone 13 25 23 for assistance.

For information on animal welfare in natural disasters visit

Minister for Agricultural Industry Development and Fisheries
The Honourable Mark Furner

Business Business & Economy Community Money & Finance Political Primary Industries Queensland Government

Queensland Agriculture : Queensland Government :
PO Box 15168, City East, Qld, 4002, Queensland Wide
07 3404 6999
13 25 23
Queensland Agriculture : Queensland Government

comments powered by Disqus

All articles submitted by third parties or written by My Sunshine Coast come under our Disclaimer / Terms of Service