Member for Maroochydore Fiona Simpson today congratulated local community groups in the Maroochydore electorate for their success in the latest funding round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF).
Ms Simpson said that six local organisations would share in a total of $98,092 grant funding, to upgrade facilities and purchase essential equipment.
The successful recipients for Round 101 GCBF are:
- Enhanced Living Community Group - $34,500 to purchase specialised equipment;
- North Shore Community Centre Inc - $28,962 to upgrade playground facilities;
- Alexandra Headland Surf Life Saving Club - $17,000 to purchase equipment;
- PTSD Dogs Australia Ltd - $8,000 to purchase equipment;
- Sunshine Coast Legacy - $7,432 to purchase office equipment;
- Sunshine Coast Multiple Birth Association Inc - $2,198 to purchase equipment.
“This is great news for our local organisations and all the volunteers who work hard behind the scenes,” Ms Simpson said.
“I’m sure they will put the funds to good use for the benefit of our local community.”
Ms Simpson encouraged more local groups to apply for the next round of funding which closes on 31 October 2019. Grants range from $500 to $35,000.
Information on how to apply to the GCBF is available at www.justice.qld.gov.au/grants or by calling 1800 633 619.