As Moreton Bay’s new university campus takes shape, USC is placing job advertisements to fill the first 13 academic positions to begin at the Petrie site, starting in 2020.
USC Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) Professor Tim Wess said the nationally-advertised job roles offered opportunities to join USC Moreton Bay, Australia’s newest university campus in a rapidly developing region.
“The academics we employ will work closely with the community in Moreton Bay and make a difference by providing quality education and research capacity to a region that has not previously had a university on its doorstep,” Professor Wess said.
The jobs have been advertised throughout Australia to attract staff at the top of their respective fields, including in education, electrical engineering, nursing, biomedical science, communication, creative industries, chemistry and animal ecology.
“USC Moreton Bay will be a full-scale teaching and research university campus from day one and the time has come to bring in the people with the qualifications to deliver that,” Professor Wess said.
“And this is just the start, as we envision that USC will eventually become a major employer in the region that will act as a focus for other employers.”
Undergraduate programs on offer at USC Moreton Bay in 2020 will include business, science, engineering, nursing, education, computer science, biomedical sciences and psychology, among others. The program offering will be staggered and continue to grow over the first 10 years of operation.”
“By 2030, we expect the campus will cater for 10,000 students based at The Mill, a vibrant precinct that will include retail, cafes and professional spaces,” Professor Wess said.
Jobs advertised at https://www.usc.edu.au/jobs include:
• Professor of Education
• Professor of Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering
• Associate Professor in Nursing
• Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Science
• Senior Lecturer in Communication
• Senior Lecturer in Exercise Science (Motor Control)
• Senior Lecturer in Nursing
• Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Animal Ecology
• Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Chemistry
• Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Communication
• Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Creative Industries
• Lecturer in Biomedical Science
• Associate Lecturer/Lecturer in Tertiary Preparation Pathways