Local sports and community groups in the Maroochydore electorate will be receiving funding boosts through the latest round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF) grants.
Member for Maroochydore Fiona Simpson welcomed news that local clubs were successful in their grant applications to upgrade facilities and purchase essential equipment.
The successful recipients for Round 91 GCBF are:
· Apex Camp Mudjimba will receive $35,000 to upgrade the ablution block;
· Coolum Tennis club will receive $30,000 to replace light poles;
· Mudjimba Surf Lifesaving Club will receive $30,196 to purchase IT and lifesaving equipment;
· Pastel Society of Australia will receive $3,200 to purchase audio visual equipment; and
· Sunshine Coast Water Polo Association will receive $10,368 to purchase floating water polo goals.
“Our hardworking sports and community groups provide vital services to our local community and I am thrilled they are receiving funding for much-needed equipment and upgrades,” Ms Simpson said.
“I would like to encourage all local groups, however big or small, to apply for the next round of funding and make the most of this wonderful opportunity.”
Information on how to apply to the GCBF is available at www.justice.qld.gov.au/grants or by calling 1800 633 619.
The next funding round closes on 31 May 2017.