TRAFFIC & TRANSPORT TRIALS 15 December 2018 – 28 January 2019
Noosa Council in collaboration with the community is trialling a number of traffic and transport initiatives over the busy Christmas holidays. ‘Go Noosa’ aims to provide a relaxed and fun travelling experience for locals and visitors.
From mid-December to the end of January, a number of traffic and transport options will be trialled throughout the shire as part of ‘Go Noosa’.
Council encourages locals and visitors to make the most of the trial options – and make sure to let us know what worked well and what could be considered in the future.
Go Noosa trials:
- Free buses on selected Noosa bus routes for the entire Queensland State School holidays.
- Park & Ride - Access long stay parking in Noosa Junction, Noosa Parade, Gympie Terrace, and Tewantin to catch a free bus.
- Road side information boards alerting people to car parking availability in the Hastings Street precinct and the alternative green travel options.
- The temporary replacement of 8 parallel car parks on Hastings Street to increase footpath space as well as bicycle and scooter parking. A reduction in parallel car parks aims to assist the flow of traffic on the busy street.
- Opening up of the Noosa Heads Lions Park to an additional 250+ paid car parks.
- RideShare carpooling App for selected Hastings Street employees.
- Visitor assistance & wayfinding signage in key destinations.
- Traffic control in Noosa Heads to prioritise the movement of buses and pedestrians.
- Promotion and marketing to increase community and visitor awareness of alternative and sustainable travel options.
For more details about the trials including Frequently Asked Questions visit www.noosa.qld.gov.au/go-noosa or call 5329 6500
FREE BUSES 15 DEC – 28 JAN
Noosa Council, in partnership with TransLink and Sunbus, are providing FREE public transport on selected bus routes.
- Route 626 Tewantin to Sunrise Beach via Noosa Heads
- Route 627 Tewantin to Sunshine Beach via Noosa Heads
- Route 628 Noosa Parklands to Noosa Junction via Noosa Civic
- Route 629 Tewantin to Noosa Junction via Noosa Civic
- Route 632 Noosa to Cooran via Cooroy and Pomona
- Route 064 Peregian Beach to Noosa Heads
For timetable information visit www.translink.com.au/Noosa or call 13 12 30 anytime.
For info on Flexilink and Council Cabs visit www.noosa.qld.gov.au or call Noosa Council on 5329 6500.
Please provide your feedback on the trials by completing the online survey at www.noosa.qld.gov.au/go-noosa and go in the draw to win a $40 Visa gift card.
(Survey live from 14th December – conditions apply).
The Go Noosa trials are funded by Noosa Council’s Sustainable Transport Levy