You can also download a copy of the no thanks poster here.
Whilst we all love a good scare and enjoy the kooky, spooky and altogether ooky-ness of Halloween, the safety of children is paramount.
To make sure your Halloween doesn’t become a nightmare, trick or treaters should:
- Be accompanied by an adult monster at all times (or a responsible witch, ghost or vampire);
- Always walk, not run, between houses and stick to the footpath rather than the road;
- Wear bright colours to enhance your visibility to passing motorists;
- Never enter a stranger’s house, even if they have invited you in after knocking on their door; and
- Consider joining your friends on a neighbourhood adventure – there is safety in numbers for little witches and ghouls.