Queenslanders are encouraged to make a written submission to the Inquiry into the Queensland Government’s health response to COVID-19.
The inquiry is being conducted by the Health, Communities, Disability Services and Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Committee.
Committee chair, Mr Aaron Harper MP, said that individuals, groups and organisations across the state were encouraged to have their say on the Queensland Government’s health response to COVID-19.
“Over the past four months every Queenslander’s life has changed to enable Queensland to tackle the COVID19 pandemic. If you have opinions or experiences to share on the health-related actions taken by the Queensland Government in response to COVID-19, the committee welcomes your submission,” Mr Harper said.
The deadline for making a submission as part of this initial submissions process is 3 July 2020.
Submissions should be sent either by:
- email to email@example.com or
- by post to Health, Communities, Disability Services and Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Committee
Brisbane QLD 4000
How to make a submission
Guidelines for making a submission to a parliamentary committee are available here:
Guide to making a submission
Please ensure your submission meets these requirements.
Submissions should include:
- the author’s name and signature
- if the submission is made on behalf of an organisation, the level of approval (e.g. a local branch, executive committee or national organisation)
- mailing address (and email if available), and
- daytime telephone number.
Please ensure your submission includes the above or it may not be considered by the committee.
On 22 April 2020, the Legislative Assembly referred an inquiry to the committee with the following terms of reference:
- That the Health, Communities, Disability Services and Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Committee inquire into and report to the Legislative Assembly on the Queensland Government’s Response to COVID-19 in relation to the health response only;
- That in undertaking the inquiry, the Committee should take into account the Australian Government’s health response to COVID-19 and its impacts on the Queensland Government’s response;
- That in conducting the inquiry the Committee is to be conscious of any requests for witnesses or materials and ensure that any requests do not unreasonably divert resources from the immediate COVID-19 response;
- That the Committee report to the Legislative Assembly by no later than 3 months after the conclusion of the Public Health Emergency declared under the Public Health Act 2005 regarding COVID-19.