Due to some recent business breaks in the Sunshine Coast District, please keep in mind some of these business based security tips and suggestions:
- When locking up and leaving your business, be aware of your surroundings.
- Are there any suspicious vehicles in the area?
- Are there any person(s) loitering around the shop or has anyone been doing so during business hours?
- Consider placing warning signs around business to deter intruders such as ‘no cash kept on premises’
- Ensure there is clear visibility inside and outside of your business through the use of good lighting
- If applicable, keep shrubs and trees trimmed to prevent concealment of the premises
- Protect windows and doors by installing security screens
- Consider using deadlocks and solid doors
- Consider reeinforcing glass doors with shatter resistant film
- Consider installing a safe that is always locked and anchored to the floor and wall of the premises.
- Limit cash kept on premises
- Install CCTV cameras
For more information about business security, click here.
If you have information for police, contact Policelink on 131 444 or provide information using the online form24hrs per day.
You can report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers, a registered charity and community volunteer organisation, by calling 1800 333 000 or via crimestoppersqld.com.au 24hrs per day.