Heading out on the roads over the weekend – make sure that you stay safe and drive the conditions!
Slippery roads, poor visibility and heavy rain can make for a fatal combination so ensure that you plan for your trip and allow extra time to reach your destination safely.
General tips for driving in wet weather:
- Drive slowly – this helps avoid aquaplaning and skidding;
- Drive with your lights on;
- Use vehicle features such as air conditioning or the demister to help keep with windscreen clear;
- Allow extra distance between you and the car in front;
- Try to avoid braking suddenly;
- Avoid unsealed roads if possible;
- Do not drive on roads covered with water.
And remember – if its flooded, forget it!