The Sunshine Coast District Crime Prevention Unit are currently recruiting Volunteers in Policing (ViP’s).
ViP’s provide essential support to the Queensland Police Service undertaking tasks to complement the roles and responsibilities of police officers and staff members.
Some of the tasks, may include but not limited to:
- Liaising with local businesses, community groups and participating in community-based activities
- Participating in crime prevention initiatives, displays and community engagement
- Engaging with victims of crime
- Administration support
Most positions will be based from Coolum but there are a small number of vacancies at Caloundra, Nambour, Maroochydore and Kawana.
ViP Applicant Selection Criteria:
- 18 years of age and over
- Willing to participate in a mandatory training program
- Agree to the Queensland Police Service conduction a criminal history check
- Prepared to participate in the program for at least 12 months
- Willing to work regular hours, including weekends and some evenings
If you are interested in joining the program, please complete and return the application form.
The application form can be found here.
Further information is available by emailing the Sunshine Coast District Crime Prevention Unit here.