Have you remembered to pay your rates? Pay by Friday, February 22 and you’ll receive council’s ‘on-time’ payment discount.
Corporate Strategy and Finance Portfolio Councillor Tim Dwyer said the on-time discount gives property owners a 5% reduction off their general rate, up to $100 every six months.
“Your rates ensure that council can continue to build a healthy, smart, creative Sunshine Coast while also delivering the important services which continue to grow and support a strong community,” Cr Dwyer said.
“By signing up to MyCouncil on council’s website and you can enjoy the added convenience of an online dashboard which enables ratepayers to view their property, rates, business and animal details and make requests and payments securely online.”
There are a number of other convenient payment options available, including BPAY, by phone on 131 816, in person at Australia Post, at one of council’s customer contact centres or by mail.
Council also has a direct debit option, which can be set up to pay rates in full by the due date, to make life easier for busy ratepayers.
There’s also a new way to pay your Sunshine Coast Council rates via the Sniip app which allows you to make a secure payment on your mobile device.
To assist with online or over-the-phone payments, property owners will need their payment reference number, found on their rates notice.
Ratepayers who cannot make payment by the due date are encouraged to enter into an arrangement to pay their current rates by instalments by logging into MyCouncil or by calling council’s customer contact centre.
For rates enquiries, email council at email@example.com or phone (07) 5475 7542 between 8.15am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information about rates notices, visit council’s website.
HOW TO PAY YOUR RATES
· Online payment – available 24/7 through council’s website (follow the Pay and Apply link on the homepage)
· BPAY - if registered with your financial institution
· Phone 131 816 - from anywhere in Australia using a credit card
· Australia Post – pay in person with cash, cheque or EFTPOS
· Customer Service Centres – pay in person from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (locations listed on the bottom of rates notice)
· Mail – pay using cheque or money order to Sunshine Coast Council, Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre 4560
· Sniip® - pay using your smart phone