On Thursday, August 2, officers received a warm welcome at Nambour Plaza, where officers took the time to meet locals and talk about issues in the community.
Also in attendance was the PCYC, who provided information on the gym classes they offer:
- Activities for youth;
- Fitness classes for females;
- Martial arts for fitness and self-defence.
Police also exchanged information with the public and gave useful tips about ensuring to secure vehicles and homes:
- Locking vehicles;
- Using keys to lock security screens and doors;
- Removing valuables out of sight, this includes handbags, phones, keys, wallets and electronics;
- How to report suspicious behaviour.
Sunshine Coast police want to thank members of the Nambour community for coming and saying hello!