The Palaszczuk Government is investing over $500,000 into 15 original arts and cultural projects in the latest funding rounds of the Queensland Arts Showcase Program (QASP).
Arts Minister Leeanne Enoch said QASP funding supports diverse and vibrant arts and cultural experiences right across Queensland, and this round features a number of projects with a contemporary dance focus.
“BlakDance is receiving $60,000 to support Queensland Indigenous artists to create and develop new works thanks to the BlakDance Residency program,” Minister Enoch said.
“The 3rd annual Supercell Dance Festival 2019 was also successful and is looking towards the Asia-Pacific for its program, bringing together some of Australia’s best contemporary dance, including ambitious new dance work They Gather, as part of a dynamic program of performances, masterclasses and discussions.”
Minister Enoch said the latest round of QASP investment would also support significant music opportunities.
“The Sounds Australia 2018-19 program will deliver international showcasing, networking and marketing opportunities for Queensland artists and music industry representatives,” she said.
“Golden Gate, a recording project by producer Joel Edmondson - also known as the brains behind BIGSOUND and QMusic - will shape music and therapy, and Water Songs will be a series of music concerts along the Gold Coast’s extensive canals and waterways.
“Meanwhile, in the visual arts space, Polish Meadows will exhibit works of Polish traditional healing plants at Brisbane’s PolArt Festival - the largest Polish cultural event outside Poland, and Reimagining a Climate for Change will feature Australian and international artists in a residency program as part of the Brisbane Street Art festival.”
The Palaszczuk Government’s QASP investment now totals $9.3 million for 284 projects since it was established in September 2015. A list of the latest funding recipients follows.
List of Queensland Arts Showcase Program funding:
- Supercell Dance Festival, Brisbane, $60 000
- BlakDance Residency Program, Brisbane, $60 000
- Throttle, Brisbane, Brisbane, $60 000
- Water Songs, Gold Coast, $60 000
- They Gather, Brisbane, $46 895
- Sounds Australia Program 2018/19, Brisbane, $30 000
- Reimaging Climate of Change, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast, $29 859
- Golden Gate EP, Brisbane and New York, $20 100
- Polish Meadows, Brisbane, $5 950
- Home: Suburban Exposures Exhibition, Brisbane, $80 000
- Evolution, Cobh, Brisbane, Gympie, $ 13 100
- What I'm Here For, Brisbane, $30 000
- Collective in Residence: Book Club, Logan, $60 000
- Horizon, Brisbane, 25 413
- Cowboy, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Berlin, $23 800
Minister for Environment and the Great Barrier Reef, Minister for Science and Minister for the Arts
The Honourable Leeanne Enoch