Summer holidays on the sunshine coast is a beautiful and busy time of the year.
We encourage locals and visitors alike to use some simple safety measures to stay safe these holidays!
- Ensure that you find an appropriately marked park for your vehicle and comply with parking conditions.
- When you leave your vehicle make sure it is left locked and secured with valuables out of sight.
- As a pedestrian pay attention to traffic and avoid using your mobile phone whilst crossing the road.
- Make sure you use the patrolled beaches and follow the direction of our Surf Life Savers, help them keep you safe by swimming between the red and yellow flags.
- Re-consider taking valuables down to the beach with you, instead leave them safely at home.
- Portable key safes area a relatively cheap way to secure your vehicle keys and offer simple solutions instead of taking them down on the beach.