We need your creative input.
Over the past few months, Sunshine Coast Council's Creative Arts and Events team have been working on one of the goals within the Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018-38 which requires the development of a brand and brand strategy designed to promote the reputation of the Sunshine Coast and our arts community, both nationally and abroad, as a creative destination to live, work and visit.
The Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018 -2038 strives to "amplify the voice, visibility, development and recognition of the arts sector" and one of the key actions from the plan that supports this approach is:
- 4.6.1 Develop and implement a marketing plan and SCC ARTSCOAST sub-brand strategy that builds local engagement, inspires local artists and is focused on developing the reputation of the Sunshine Coast, and its arts community, both nationally and abroad, as a creative destination to live, work and visit.
We have been working with a Sunshine Coast marketing consultant and a diverse range of arts and tourism sector stakeholders over the past 12 months to develop the strategy and the ARTSCOAST logo, and now we need your input into a key decision – choosing the ARTSCOAST visual identity!
A selection of graphic designers, were provided a brief by the consultants based on the feedback from the arts sector and research to date (see below), to create three possible ARTSCOAST logos with the intent that the final logo would go to an industry vote.
We would like you to rank each option and provide commentary to support your choices.
Once the results are in, we will finalise the strategy and it, along with the selected logo, will be progressed for endorsement.
As stated in the plan: 'the Arts Plan is owned by everyone committed to achieving a flourishing arts ecology for the Sunshine Coast' - so thank you for your input and consideration of this key action from your Arts Plan.
Click here to see and rank the three logos – BUT FIRST read the outcomes from research and feedback below to find out more about ARTSCOAST.
ARTSCOAST is an independent brand, championed by Sunshine Coast Council that unifies, celebrates and promotes Sunshine Coast artists and the arts sector.
ARTSCOAST will provide tangible benefits to users and consumers and is intended to be accessible, open, diverse and representative. It is expected that the brand will evolve over time, potentially broadening the stakeholders who use and embrace the brand.
- Emerging from the playful heart and creative soul of the Sunshine Coast, ARTSCOAST is a melting pot of artistic curiosity, edgy ideas and provocative expression.
- ARTSCOAST is a connector of people to arts experiences; of artists to each other; and of art and audience to place.
- ARTSCOAST delivers audiences authentic and diverse arts experiences.
- ARTSCOAST is a celebration of the Sunshine Coast's unique and vibrant arts scene.
- ARTSCOAST reflects the intrinsic connection of our artists and arts practice to the Sunshine Coast's beautiful natural environment, from the hinterland to the coast.
- ARTSCOAST values our First Nations' artists and their unique connection to place.
- Our youthfulness provides the freedom to explore and be curious, imaginative, spirited and playful.
- ARTSCOAST artists are soulful, daring and vibrant.