A $925,000 upgrade to the Maroochydore Multi Sports Complex, projects to improve motorist safety, pedestrian facility upgrades and playground upgrades are among the Sunshine Coast Council 2020/21 Budget highlights for Division 7.
Divisional councillor Ted Hungerford said council’s $782 million budget included a diverse mix of valuable projects to support our community.
“The Maroochydore Multi Sports Complex at Fishermans Road is a hugely popular and well-used sporting facility and I’m very pleased for our many sporting groups and organisations to see council’s $925,000 commitment to develop the new eastern oval,” Cr Hungerford said.
“Council’s 2020/21 Budget allocation for this project will provide for detailed designs and operational works including turf, irrigation, drainage, field lighting and additional car parking.
“Council will also invest just over $1 million on important transportation projects across Division 7.
“This includes upgrades to the Power Road intersection and realignment, delineation and lighting upgrades to improve motorist safety on Lindsay Road, Buderim and Petrie Creek Road, Rosemount.
“The Bradman Avenue Foreshore Cod Hole Park in Maroochydore will undergo a $200,000 upgrade to the pedestrian pavement, signage, wayfinding and path lighting from the Eudlo Creek Bridge to the boat ramp. There will also be an upgrade of public amenities at the boat ramp.
“Refurbishments and upgrades to playground elements, seating and shelters will be carried out at Deloraine Drive Park, Buderim, Paluma Terrace Park, Buderim, Lions Park, Maroochydore and Buderim Forest Park.
“I’m also very pleased to announce a $140,000 allocation for planning to enhance the Owen Creek Road to William Guy Park section of the popular Buderim to Palmwoods Heritage Tram Trail.”
He said the projects planned for Division 7 over the next 12 months would help to support our community and build a healthy, smart, creative region.
Council handed down its $782 million budget on June 25.
Visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/budget for more information on Sunshine Coast Council’s 2020/21 Budget.
Division 7 2020/21 Budget highlights include:
· $925,000 for Eastern Oval works at Maroochydore Multi Sports Complex
· $444,500 for alignment, delineation and lighting upgrades on Lindsay Road, Buderim
· $300,000 for upgrades to Power Road intersection in Buderim, to align with Goshawk Boulevard extension
· $300,000 for upgrade of public amenities building at the Cod Hole Boat Ramp, Bradman Avenue, Maroochydore
· $240,000 for alignment, delineation and lighting upgrades to Petrie Creek Road, Rosemount between Plantation Retirement Resort and Paynter River
· $200,000 for upgrades to Cod Hole Park, Bradman Ave, Maroochydore
· $180,000 for upgrades to picnic area, shelter, replacement paths and landscaping at EJ Foote Memorial Sanctuary, Buderim
· $170,000 for stormwater upgrades, replacements and drainage works on Sylvan Street, Buderim
· $100,000 to connect Buderim Forest Park boardwalk to Harry’s Boardwalk on Harry’s Lane, Buderim.
· $70,000 for stormwater infrastructure repairs and restoration at Buderim to Palmwoods Heritage Tram Trail, Buderim.
· $40,000 for Buderim Forest Park shelter renewal
· $35,000 for playground renewals at Lions Park, Maroochydore.