It's been a few weeks since my last training newsletter..so here is my latest tips below.
Before that though...
If you didn't know by now I am getting ready to take a break.
Off On Holiday To Europe – Continuing Training Though!
I am leaving for Europe on Tuesday 18th June. During my time there Patricia & I will be catching up with family & friends. Make no mistake though, we will be training every day as we do here in Australia to keep healthy & fit. As you know, the temptation to over eat & over indulge & not do any training can be overpowering. Not for me & Patricia! We have made the decision as part of our lifestyle to continue to practice Combat Self Defence training techniques & to keep training with my unarmed combat self defence actions.
Being a traveller increases the chance of assault so you never know when we might need to defend ourselves...
Martial Arts & Self Defence Training Masterclass in England
I am also conducting a martial arts & self defence 'master class; for my old students that trained with me for many years when we were living in England; we emigrated nearly nine years ago!
It will be marvellous to see Simon 4th Dan, Sophie 3rd Dan, Derek 2nd Dan, Charlie 1st Dan along with kyu grades Campbell, Daniela, Tony & a few others. It will be a great 4 hour course with a buffet provided & lots of chat with old friends.
My Top Training Tips
I have pieced together some more essential training tips for you based on my many years of experience in teaching and training in self defence and martial arts. These points are on a more powerful & deeper level so please take note & continue to enjoy your training journey!
1. Train for you & train in the moment. "I still want to be skilled & strong minded, so I still train as hard as before. As a self defence practitioner, instructor, motivator & martial artist, I do not want to lose myself in yesterday. I want to be ready to use these skills at anytime."
2. Visualise. "I use meditation to focus on the inner strength in my abdomen & core. I know from experience that if you are able to focus on the inner strength of your mid-section, you can fire yourself up & defeat an attacker/s or opponent under any circumstances with relative ease."
3. Keep learning about yourself. "Keep learning & keep adapting and keep leading by example as a martial artist and self defence instructor. If you don't then in my view you are not qualified to call yourself a martial artist."
Remember to keep it real!
4. Be Modest. "Our Combat Self Defence Martial arts training in Noosa starts and finishes with saluting and showing respect to Shihan, Sensei, our training area and to all students. In order for us to train, we need support and understanding from our families. We must continue to be thankful for being in good health, being alive and to be fortunate to be able to train in martial arts."
5. Help others. "My focus is and always will be to teach & help our special self defence students both young and not so young to get healthy, bodyweight conditioned and build themselves up in confidence and self defence ability to become better & responsible people so that they are able to make a success of their lives."
Keep training & stay safe!
Shihan Martin Day 7th Dan
Combat Self Defence & Filipino Kyusho Noosa