The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) would like to advise you that vegetation clearing in the Caloundra Road, Nicklin Way and Pelican Waters Boulevard roundabout centre, as part of the $1 million roundabout metering signals project, has been rescheduled and will be completed by mid-2019, weather and construction schedule permitting.
As previously advised, the vegetation clearing will take place at night and will improve visibility and safety for road users at the roundabout.
The clearing work was originally rescheduled to commence at the end of March 2019, weather permitting. However, was rescheduled due to wet weather conditions and coordination with the contractor’s schedule.
The work will involve clearing shrubs and trees within motorist sight lines at each leg of the roundabout. TMR will keep clearing works to a minimum to mitigate environmental impacts.
What to expect:
- majority of works undertaken at night between 7pm and 5am, Sunday to Thursday
- limited day works undertaken between 6am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
- temporary lane closures may be in place during working hours
- reduced speed limits, construction signage and traffic control measures in place during the work
- priority access will be given to emergency vehicles through the construction site
Vegetation clearing update at Caloundra Road, Nicklin Way and Pelican Waters Boulevard roundabout; our ref: 807340