King of the mountain
offers over $2,495,000
36 Tunba Ct, Cooroy Mountain, Queensland 4563
offers over $2,495,000
King of the mountain
Clipped grass, post-and-rail fencing, ponies and cattle grazing contentedly in lush pastures. As you cruise up the 500 metre long, tree-lined bitumen avenue, drink in the splendid rural scene that unfolds all around you. Even before you glimpse the striking skillion roof reaching to the skies, before you step on to the grand travertine terrace, there's a sense that this property is somehow special -a cut above the rest.
From the terrace, the land spreads out before you, almost 10 hectares (23 acres), including 8 fenced paddocks of improved pasture. The backdrop of distinctive Mt Tinbeerwah feels close enough to touch, while to the west Cooroy Mountain is downright 'in your face'. And not a neighbour in sight.
Taking full advantage of the entrancing outlook, total privacy and northerly aspect, the 15 metre infinity pool sits flush with the terrace, and appears to flow into the landscape. Solar heated and completely refurbished in 2017, it features a smooth, glass surface.
With a pool deck extending from the terrace, gas plumbed to the BBQ area, and a secure grassy playground nearby, you can already visualise the kids' rowdy party, the lazy brunch for 6, the cocktails and canapes for 60.
Built in 2006, the home has been elevated to the highest standards over the past two years, with major investment by the current owners.
Inside, the cool travertine tiles flow throughout the entire house while glass bi-fold doors, raked ceilings and banks of louvres bring lovely cross-breezes to the stylish open plan lounge and dining areas. On chilly nights, flick on the gas fire for instant comfort and cozy up with a movie in the media room.
The kitchen is sleek and sexy with a stone-topped island bench in copper tones stretching almost 4 metres, contrasting beautifully with the white minimalist cabinetry and glass splashback. Miele appliances include gas cooktop, electric oven, steamer and dishwasher. There's a bartender's area and a butler's pantry with sink and oodles of storage.
The queen-sized guest suite is located at one end of the house and includes a walk-in robe and an elegant ensuite with glass shower, double vanity and the same copper-toned, stone benchtop which unifies all bathrooms. Bedrooms 2 and 3 are mirror image, both queen size, with built-in robes, and close to the main bathroom and a spacious powder room.
The home office comes with a wall of floor-to-ceiling storage and built-in desk. The modern laundry has access to the rear patio.
A light filled vestibule separates the master suite from the rest of the house. Step through to the big master bedroom, with wide views of the mountain to the north and the rolling hills and valleys to the west. The walk-in robe has stacks of storage and there's direct access to the terrace.
If the ensuite doesn't get your heart started, check your pulse. Made for two, it's enormous, yet elegant, with floor-to-ceiling tiles, a double vanity that seems to go forever, a huge double shower, and a built-in bathtub offering the best views of the setting sun.
The fully reticulated landscaped gardens are mature and filled with attractive species such as magnolia, frangipani and grass trees. Lychee, mango, olive and lime trees are already productive and three veggie garden beds are ready to be planted.
Water is abundant with a 100,000 litre concrete, rainwater tank, and a bore that pumps out pure Cooroy spring water. The bore supplies underground irrigation to the paddocks, the stables and the chook pen, is accessible at the house, and can even top up the two spring-fed dams if they run low.
• 4 bed, 3 bath north facing contemporary home on 9.43 ha with expansive views of Mt
Tinbeerwah and Cooroy Mountain
• raked ceilings, open plan living & dining, travertine tiles throughout, louvres,
surround sound system (ducted in 3 zones), gas fireplace
• sleek kitchen, Miele gas cooktop, electric oven, steamer, dishwasher, stone benchtops,
• large office with built-in desk, wireless NBN, underground wine cellar
• master with WIR & massive ensuite with spa, double vanity, double shower
• 15m x 5m wet edge, solar heated pool, completely refurbished in 2017
• 2 x 5 kW solar system, with Tesla battery, ducted & zoned aircon (2 x 8 kW), gas plumbed
to outdoor BBQ area
• security doors & screens, alarm system, LED lighting, entrance water feature
• 3-bay garage, workshop area, 3-bay 10m x 8m shed, large storage room under pool deck
• ~100,000-litre concrete rainwater tanks, header tanks on hill, carbon filter, spring water
purification system, new Fuji underground WWTP, new pumps
• 8 x fenced paddocks with improved pasture, no pesticides used, all new electric fencing
• 2 x spring fed dams, landscaped gardens (reticulated on timer), veggie gardens, new
garden lighting, bore with underground irrigation to paddocks/stables/chookpen
• bitumen/concrete driveway, solar operated, remo...
- Bedroom: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Garaging: 5
- Land Size: 23.3 acres (approx)
This listing last updated:
9th December 2018